What's your purchase price?

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Well considering they have said MSRP I will tend to believe my dealership. My salesman isn't as slimy and money hungry as you JYR.

Yeah being as this is an extra car for me and I don't value money I would have paid 10k ADM.

However I got lucky and am dealing with a highly rated Honda dealership.

I'm getting a baseline for the numbers of what Honda Produced for the last Type R and since it's being made at the same factory I figure that it probably won't be to many more than that. Unless they are building a top secret Type R plant somewhere that no one knows about.

I have a refundable deposit down so if they try any shady BS I guess I will be getting the 2018 STi. I'll probably be upset if I ever see a Type R in the wild.

But I'm gonna trust my dealer over some random internet person.
Sponsored

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
Wait- how is it going to be more limited then the R, RS, or STI? Do you have any kind of fact for that?
Not the person you responded to but my thinking is as follows:
  • We have never had a CTR in the US. Honda wouldn't possibly saturate the market for everyone willing to buy a CTR even with a small ADM. This is something that'll naturally happen over time, people buying in 2017 will be crazy high markups, buyers in 2018 will be some markup and buyers in 2019 will likely pay little to no markup.
  • Focus RS: We never had a RS in the US, MSRP is around $36k; however many listings at the time of release we're in the high $40k to mid $50k range. Some dealers still think they can get $50k+ and maybe they will who knows but I imagine they'll have to drop the price at some point. Now it's fairly easy to find a RS for close to if not at MSRP. Like many people this is what I'm thinking will happen with the CTR. Priced around $32k MSRP and ~$45k with ADMs in 2017.
  • Subaru STi/VW Golf R: These are cars that has been out for a long time in some form. The hype surrounding the cars came and went. Both are great cars but dealers know they can't really put a big ADM on the cars. Being that the cars have been around for some time you have people that bought during varying years which allowed the buyer pool to shrink.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Well considering they have said MSRP I will tend to believe my dealership. My salesman isn't as slimy and money hungry as you JYR.

Yeah being as this is an extra car for me and I don't value money I would have paid 10k ADM.

However I got lucky and am dealing with a highly rated Honda dealership.

I'm getting a baseline for the numbers of what Honda Produced for the last Type R and since it's being made at the same factory I figure that it probably won't be to many more than that. Unless they are building a top secret Type R plant somewhere that no one knows about.

I have a refundable deposit down so if they try any shady BS I guess I will be getting the 2018 STi. I'll probably be upset if I ever see a Type R in the wild.

But I'm gonna trust my dealer over some random internet person.
I think you are missing my point. There is a REALLY good chance you may be paying more than you need to. But you are right. You have a great salesman. :)

And you are also correct on something else. I am just a random person on the internet...no need to take my advice or thoughts into consideration.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
I think you are missing my point. There is a REALLY good chance you may be paying more than you need to. But you are right. You have a great salesman. :)

And you are also correct on something else. I am just a random person on the internet...no need to take my advice or thoughts into consideration.

How would we go about not paying more than we need to?
since we don't know the cost, and once the cost is released (announced MSRP) - and we pay that; are you insinuating not contractually agreeing to pay MSRP will magically get us a lower price?
if we don't enter into a contract agreeing MSRP, and then they have an option for ADM - and do so - then you automatically pay more, for NOT entering into said contract - or that because you are a walk-in without said contractual agreement, you can talk your way into invoice - and past a ADM?

I don't get the logic, or perhaps I am over thinking how this works?

Last edited:

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag

Pfft. I can't hold it back anymore. This A2TYPER guy is probably a car salesman trying to get everyone on this forum under the impression that you have to pay a markup on this car. Personally I will never pay mark-up on a car. If the dealers trying to put add-on and mark-up making the car anywhere close to 40k, I'll pass. I already got an offer for week 7 M2 Euro delivery MSRP 49K. I'll be more then happy do to a little drift in front of marked up CTRs in the future. Do yourselfs a favor check out the M2 forum they have a list for dealerships putting up markups and people will avoid them. For those people who's willing to do some homework they were able to found a car out of state at MSRP or below. I mean, buying an one-way ticket and fully break in your car on the way back is better then donating 5k to those greedy salesman right ? So there is that.

For for those who think they "should" pay a mark-up can I just say Please GTFO? There, I said it .

Of course there will be idiots paid mark-up, a guy i know pay 10k plus for the first M2 from New century BMW and with a license plate of BYEM235.

Socal car market is F-up by these rich chinese kids. Honda shouldn't be a rich kid's favorite brand.

Honda doesn't have a reputable community, all you have is those dumbA$$ fart can civics out there.

I'm not really into any sort of car brand, a top of the line model is always the best. I'm just picking one of them for my next car.

Since I'm leasing. Monthly payment won't be so much a difference . I'm waiting on CTR so I can compare it with RS, R, M2, my friend has a sti and i don't like that one .

My English sucks cause I'm Asian. If any of you not happy for what i said, feel free to come and beat me .

Fled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Honda doesn't have a reputable community, all you have is those dumbA$$ fart can civics out there.
Are you on drugs sir? Please show me a larger enthusiast community than the honda-tech forums? Did you know that (arguably) the best turbo kits that money can buy came from the Honda community (Full-Race)??? .....fart cans? Respectfully......EG and EK civics been walking Vipers and Supras before you could count to 10.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Double post

Last edited:

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Are you on drugs sir? Please show me a larger enthusiast community than the honda-tech forums? Did you know that (arguably) the best turbo kits that money can buy came from the Honda community (Full-Race)??? .....fart cans? Respectfully......EG and EK civics been walking Vipers and Supras before you could count to 10.

I'm on cough medicine. And I don't care about your turbo kits. I'm talking about culture things like the Subie wave. And Civic's impression for normal people and cops. Fart can civics making stupid noise even worst then lifted pick-ups.

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
Pfft. I can't hold it back anymore. This A2TYPER guy is probably a car salesman trying to get everyone on this forum under the impression that you have to pay a markup on this car. Personally I will never pay mark-up on a car. If the dealers trying to put add-on and mark-up making the car anywhere close to 40k, I'll pass. I already got an offer for week 7 M2 Euro delivery MSRP 49K. I'll be more then happy do to a little drift in front of marked up CTRs in the future. Do yourselfs a favor check out the M2 forum they have a list for dealerships putting up markups and people will avoid them. For those people who's willing to do some homework they were able to found a car out of state at MSRP or below. I mean, buying an one-way ticket and fully break in your car on the way back is better then donating 5k to those greedy salesman right ? So there is that.

For for those who think they "should" pay a mark-up can I just say Please GTFO? There, I said it .

Of course there will be idiots paid mark-up, a guy i know pay 10k plus for the first M2 from New century BMW and with a license plate of BYEM235.

Socal car market is F-up by these rich chinese kids. Honda shouldn't be a rich kid's favorite brand.

I'm not really into any sort of car brand, a top of the line model is always the best. I'm just picking one of them for my next car.

Since I'm leasing. Monthly payment won't be so much a difference . I'm waiting on CTR so I can compare it with RS, R, M2, my friend has a sti and i don't like that one .

My English sucks cause I'm Asian. If any of you not happy for what i said, feel free to come and beat me .
Agreed, do your research and you won't get the shaft, I've been in contacts with 4 dealers since Oct. 2 of them laughed when I asked for MSRP and called me when they got info and told me 2500k mark up and I can sign on the dotted line.

The other 2 kept to there word at MSRP. Guess which ones I'm going for because they've been honest and stand up guys for the past 6 months and have kept me in the loop.
Fuck the ADM find one that won't do it, it's not required by Honda just required by greedy assholes.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag

Yea I don't think most of those rich Chinese kids care about a halo Civic, they're too much into those high end luxury cars....

I sorta agree with you on that one, but don't let a few idiots with fart cans ruin it for the rest of us.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
@erbee you must not have English as a first language so I will forgive you.

I'm not a car salesman, I'm just humble person with more money than brains. I would have paid ADM. however I'm getting the car at MSRP.

I was merely talking about the got hatch market and performance car market in general. Rare cars have ADMs. Like i said earlier there are MSRP deals out there. If you find one congrats.

@JYR must have completely missed your point. Are you saying you will sell me a car below MSRP because that's the deal I currently have.

Thanks

PS
I know with the limited information Honda has put out regarding the release we have a lot of wild speculations flying around. People are at wits end for any small nugget of information. All the tension has us at each other's throats.

I don't wanna beat you @erbee unless it's a race on a track:drive:

:grouphug:

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas civics, accords, pilots
Well I'm just gonna hold off to see what it can do first. Im gonna offer what I feel is fair. If it's not what the dealer likes, oh well. I'm not desperate to have this since it will be my third vehicle. And I can care less about having the first one from the dealer. There's still gonna be ctrs from other dealerships driving around town with you. Anyone can pay what they feel comfortable with. But I'm also smart with my investments and overpaying is just not an interest of mine.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
@JYR must have completely missed your point. Are you saying you will sell me a car below MSRP because that's the deal I currently have.
Thanks
I told the dealer I would be fine with an ADM to have it first. I asked what they would charge 10k 5k 2.5k etc.
I would have paid 5k over MSRP to have the first one they get.
But the sales manager said if I was willing to do a deposit they were fine at MSRP.
Please keep your story straight.
Sponsored