What little tips and tricks do you know?

Wyborowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe LX MT
Country flag
:thumbsup:
Do you know that point in a thread when you know it's probably safe to unsubscribe and not miss anything important.....can someone let me know when that is? I'm terrible at this sort of thing.
I love SPoT coffee. Founded in buffalo now hq in Toronto.. Still rostead locally!:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Too lazy to read ALL the posts to see if someone mentioned it already but I discovered you can run the climate control in Semi-Auto mode today. Start off in Auto mode and then hit one of the vent modes (feet, console, vent, combo, etc) and the fan speed will change automatically as required to change the car's temp. If the set temp is already close to ambient temp then you get a low fan speed; if ambient is far off from set temp then the fan goes on high while the mode doesn't change. On the other hand, if you hit a fan speed while in Auto mode, the fan speed stays constant but the vent mode changes to accommodate the temperature desired. For example heat to feet and cooling to dash vents.

I always thought the system was screwed up and couldn't find anything in the 3000 page manual but I'm glad I finally figured it out!

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I have not mastered that one yet. As soon as I touch the area the volume widget pops up and I just hit mute from there
Another [reliable] way to mute sound, is to touch "audio" on the left column of the infotainment system. It will immediately turn the sound off. Hit "audio" again to un-mute.

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Also, if you want to reboot the infotainment system, hold the "audio" soft key on the left column for about 6-7 seconds, then a prompt will appear asking if you want to reboot.

Edit: Nvm. It was posted on the first page. Haha.

Last edited:

Clear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but on the center console on the lower part by the USB ports, there is a separated dug-in tray-ish area on the driver's side that is just the right size to stack quarters in. Was worried they might fly out because I only had a few to put in at the time, but they've stayed in and have been silent.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
The hood has 2 notches to put the rod into, one closer towards the firewall, so your hood is held at a higher angle, allowing for much easier access if you ever need.

Also, pull up the hood-rod using the foam. The metal is hot as fuck when the engine is hot. Too bad I read the warning label after removing my fingerprints.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
One thing I learned today, if you activate brake hold while in neutral(or Park for the CVT guys), and then take off your seatbelt/open the door, the e-brake will activate.

Also, for 6mt guys, we have a 2-step installed from the factory. If you want to do a perfect hard launch, simply clutch in, depress the accelerator to the floor. You will see the revs not go past 4.5k. Then select 2nd gear and dump the clutch. You'll be able to shave off a whole second on your 0-60 time. And for those who doubt a second gear launch, it works because of how short that gear is, and it will not bog the engine down. Wheel spin is the primary concern.

CanadaNeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring White Orchid Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Another Timmies drive through tip: I took off my seat-belt to get some money out of my pocket, then hit brake hold and it wouldn't work. Put the brake hold on first, then you can take your seat-belt off.

CanadaNeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring White Orchid Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
One more I found (For Canadian EX-T and Touring models with paddle shift only): You can temporarily paddle shift gears without putting the stick in S (Manual shift) mode. While in D (Drive) mode, if you're going down a hill or coming to a stop and want to slow down, hit the left paddle (-) and it will temporarily down-shift. When you hit the gas again, it will automatically go back to regular D (Drive) mode. Same applies for temporarily paddle shifting up (+) through the 7 gears.

Last edited: