What little tips and tricks do you know?

madroxinide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Here's one my dealer just told me:

Do NOT! store your key fob within 30 feet of you Civic or else the fob and car will continue "talking" to each other and will drain the fob battery faster :O
Considering that my living room is ~ 15 feet from where I park my car, I wonder how this will affect me. Does anyone know how to replace the battery in a FOB?
Sponsored

burns_erin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/Sensing
Country flag
Considering that my living room is ~ 15 feet from where I park my car, I wonder how this will affect me. Does anyone know how to replace the battery in a FOB?
Mine is too, and when my husband drives and I stay home, it hooks up to the Bluetooth on my phone until he gets down the road, so I think it is safe to say they are always talking. I can't see a way to change the battery though, but surely there must be as the batteries are warranted for 6 months.

MisterEnigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Mine is too, and when my husband drives and I stay home, it hooks up to the Bluetooth on my phone until he gets down the road, so I think it is safe to say they are always talking. I can't see a way to change the battery though, but surely there must be as the batteries are warranted for 6 months.
Not the exact same keyfob but looks close enough, so I assume access will be the same.

myriad46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Within the unlocking range (6 feet), I would agree, but it sounds like strong radio interference in general can drain it faster than normal

Honda Civic 10th gen What little tips and tricks do you know? Capture.JPG

gabrielrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T 2016
Wow the dealer never told me anything about this key inside the fob. This forum helps a lot! I also tried opening the windows and the sunroof by double clicking and holding the unlock button on the key fob. It worket great! I will use that option a lot during the summer.

Honda Civic 10th gen What little tips and tricks do you know? ima

Last edited:

gabrielrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T 2016
You can remote turn on your civic with the Key fob. But you can also turn it off if it's on!! Just press and hold the same button

cbreezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Accord -> '16 WOP Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there a trick to 'mute' the audio with the steering wheel volume rocker? I've had it my audio 'mute' before with the wheel volume rocker but never able to replicate it again.

Edit; NVM! Posted above!

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Didn't realize this at first but there is a stick like button sticking out of the right side of the instrument panel. You press it to cycle through odometer/Trip A/Trip B. Hold it to reset each trip. In the settings you can find I think under vehicle > meter settings to change when trip A and B start.

HachiLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2010 Infiniti G37X, 2013 Infiniti JX35, 2011 Lexus RX350
Country flag
Didn't realize this at first but there is a stick like button sticking out of the right side of the instrument panel. You press it to cycle through odometer/Trip A/Trip B. Hold it to reset each trip. In the settings you can find I think under vehicle > meter settings to change when trip A and B start.
When the headlight are turned on & the dashboard goes on "night mode"... turning this protruding stick clockwise & counter-clockwise also brightens & dims down dashboard interior lighting,

HachiLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2010 Infiniti G37X, 2013 Infiniti JX35, 2011 Lexus RX350
Country flag
Another interesting tip. Inside the middle console, located at the bottom is a non-skid pad rubber. If you lift the rubber, and take it out... at the bottom is a rubber etched artwork of "Honda Dreams". Amazing artwork. Take a look at this!

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Another interesting tip. Inside the middle console, located at the bottom is a non-skid pad rubber. If you lift the rubber, and take it out... at the bottom is a rubber etched artwork of "Honda Dreams". Amazing artwork. Take a look at this!
Yeah there are actually four variations on these. I got Asimo but I wanted happy racer so I ordered some.

I also found out if you take a screenshot with your phone it'll take a picture of your Apple CarPlay screen!

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You know I thought that the owner's "guide" was the manual and thought I was done. Man I was wrong. The actual manual is 500+ pages.

You can hold the HOME button down and it'll open up a Task Manager like in other Android things!
Sponsored