What little tips and tricks do you know?

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
Country flag
I assumed the outside window feature was for the keyless models only. Literally took me a year to try it out! But works, and the key in the lock does up and down.
I had a 2001 S430 for a couple years before the Civic with the outside open and close feature for the windows. In Mercedes infinite wisdom they made it IR rather than RF. That meant you had to point the end of the electronic key directly at the receiver on the door handle and hope you were close enough. Of course mine was 13-14 years old at the time and didn't work consistently. I think I read that Honda only has the closing with the key to prevent accidentally closing someones finger/hand/arm in the window. Merc had pressure sensors built in to stop closing if it closed on something. Also meant if the window track was dirty it wouldn't always close all the way the first time.
I did notice today that there is an emergency trunk release in the back of the sedan. There's a small removable cover between the child seat securing point and window on the left side. Just pop that off and there's a small pull handle that pops the trunk lid. Was hoping to find a rear seat fold down release instead, rather that trying to push it down from the trunk side.
Sponsored

kcwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Keep the gear selector in D or N and then turn off the car by pushing the start button. The accessory power will remain on. Once you shift into P, accessory power will also cut out. Note that window retains power for a few minutes even after turning off the car.
Is this really the only way for the audio to stay "On" when I turn my 2017 EX-L "Off"?
If so, Honda didn't think this thru. Every American car I've rented auto-magically leaves the audio on until I open the door. It's an idea worth copying.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this really the only way for the audio to stay "On" when I turn my 2017 EX-L "Off"?
If so, Honda didn't think this thru. Every American car I've rented auto-magically leaves the audio on until I open the door. It's an idea worth copying.
We were a Ford family for the longest time. My dad's Mariner and my Milan both had that feature, totally bummed that Honda didn't catch onto that. It's a huge plus having it.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Majority of Domestics have that feature and wished my Murano and Civic had it. PITA when I'm listening to ESPN and have to wait 20 seconds for the Infotainment to turn on.

Then again even if I do listen on Accessory mode, I only have 10 minutes before the battery saver kicks in. I haven't tried it on the Civic.

maduste

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One thing I learned today, if you activate brake hold while in neutral(or Park for the CVT guys), and then take off your seatbelt/open the door, the e-brake will activate.

Also, for 6mt guys, we have a 2-step installed from the factory. If you want to do a perfect hard launch, simply clutch in, depress the accelerator to the floor. You will see the revs not go past 4.5k. Then select 2nd gear and dump the clutch. You'll be able to shave off a whole second on your 0-60 time. And for those who doubt a second gear launch, it works because of how short that gear is, and it will not bog the engine down. Wheel spin is the primary concern.
Hatch Sport 6mt here. I have just begun playing with launches from 2nd. You may be right. It is easy to spin the wheels during 1-2.

Mikey504

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic ex
How to get Android auto to recognize cracked Pandora or Spotify applications for unlimited music without ads...
1.Open Android auto on Android phone
2. Click the 3 lines on the top left corner
3. Click about
4. Tap the words 'android auto' about 10 times until you get a notification saying you are now in developer mode.
5. Click the 3 dots on the right corner
6. Click developer settings
7. Scroll down and check unknown sources

This should allow you to now play any Android application that's compatible with Android auto that isn't recognized by the Google play store.
Rock on Honda fans!!

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
How to get Android auto to recognize cracked Pandora or Spotify applications for unlimited music without ads...
1.Open Android auto on Android phone
2. Click the 3 lines on the top left corner
3. Click about
4. Tap the words 'android auto' about 10 times until you get a notification saying you are now in developer mode.
5. Click the 3 dots on the right corner
6. Click developer settings
7. Scroll down and check unknown sources

This should allow you to now play any Android application that's compatible with Android auto that isn't recognized by the Google play store.
Rock on Honda fans!!
Do you have a good source to get a cracked pandora app? I once had one but I got rid of the phone.

Mikey504

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic ex
Do you have a good source to get a cracked pandora app? I once had one but I got rid of the phone.

It took some digging to find mine. And I've since changed phones luckily my apps came over but I lossed the cracked file to download it. A quick Google search and some digging will find you a good cracked Pandora file.

Mikey504

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic ex
It took some digging to find mine. And I've since changed phones luckily my apps came over but I lossed the cracked file to download it. A quick Google search and some digging will find you a good cracked Pandora file.
Honda Civic 10th gen What little tips and tricks do you know? 20171123_235559

AmberViking

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport 2017
Country flag
Yeah there are actually four variations on these. I got Asimo but I wanted happy racer so I ordered some.

I also found out if you take a screenshot with your phone it'll take a picture of your Apple CarPlay screen!
Hi. Great to see this - mine's just blank! Where did you order yours from?

NukeKS14

First Name
A.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 1995 240sx, '65 Cobra Repl.
Country flag
Hi. Great to see this - mine's just blank! Where did you order yours from?
Bud, that post was from 5 years ago. member hasn't had activity on the forums in as long. I doubt you're going to receive a reply for that but I'd send a PM were I you. That's more likely to trigger a notification/email to OP if he's not chosen to watch this thread.
Sponsored