What little tips and tricks do you know?

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Something that most people might miss in the manual or never find out on their own.

For example there is a funnel in your tool kit (next to spare tire in the trunk) that can be used if you run out of gas and and need to use a fuel can.

Also there is a hidden key hole in the center console in case the shifter is locked in place. You have to use your actual key to unlock it.
Sponsored

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Something that most people might miss in the manual or never find out on their own.

For example there is a funnel in your tool kit (next to spare tire in the trunk) that can be used if you run out of gas and and need to use a fuel can.

Also there is a hidden key hole in the center console in case the shifter is locked in place. You have to use your actual key to unlock it.
I dunno any tips or tricks but that funnel MUST be used when filling from a portable container. The long spout on the funnel opens the valve that seals the tank since its capless.

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My favourite tip that I discovered later on is how you can double-tap and hold the unlock button on the key fob to open all windows and moonroof simultaneously. The longer you hold it, the more the windows will open. It's a great feature when approaching your car on a hot day but it also makes you feel a little like Batman. ;) Unfortunately you can't do the opposite with the lock button but you can use the actual key in the driver's door by turning it counter clock-wise twice and hold to close all windows and moonroof.

burns_erin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/Sensing
Country flag

What actual key? All I got were two fobs.

snbns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - MSM
Country flag
My favourite tip that I discovered later on is how you can double-tap and hold the unlock button on the key fob to open all windows and moonroof simultaneously. The longer you hold it, the more the windows will open. It's a great feature when approaching your car on a hot day but it also makes you feel a little like Batman. ;) Unfortunately you can't do the opposite with the lock button but you can use the actual key in the driver's door by turning it counter clock-wise twice and hold to close all windows and moonroof.
Nice tip! I will try this when I get home later. I was hoping for this feature when I first got the car, so I was holding down the unlock button, but nothing happens. If I'm not mistaken, this feature was only exclusive to Accords and up or something in the past (I had a 2014 Civic Coupe, and it didn't have this feature at all). I wasn't aware that it's a double tap and then hold. Thanks!

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That holding down the "Audio" or power button the in the infotainment screen for several seconds will re-boot the system which will fix almost any infotainment problem [just like re-booting the computer!]. I've used it several times on my Touring and it always corrects the issue. Yes, I did have the software update done shortly after I got my car but stuff still happens! Other than that, after coming from four Accords previously, I really do love this car!

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
If you're using an Ipod you can go through an alphabetized list quickly by pulling up the sub-menu and tapping the alphabet strip on the left. This works like a phone where you can then scroll through the list or drag it up and down and pick the letter you want.

Also, as a note, I'm surprised dealers aren't doing a better job of telling people about that key in the fob but now that I think of it I don't think mine told us either and we just knew from having other cars with fobs like that.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I seriously had this car for 4 months and did not know this haha :drool:
Trust me, i wouldnt know either if my saleslady hadn't showed me when i picked up the car. She was probably laughing to herself at the dumb face i was likely making when she was demonstrating it

Dahookup29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring 2016
Country flag
Just try it on my touring and it works!...Yeah too bad u can't roll them up when locking the door, you have to use the actual key

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
If you have the sunroof in the "tilted up" position, a full click of the toggle button to "moonroof open" will drop the tilt and continue to open the roof all the way, no need to drop it first then open the roof. The opposite is also true.

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have the sunroof in the "tilted up" position, a full click of the toggle button to "moonroof open" will drop the tilt and continue to open the roof all the way, no need to drop it first then open the roof. The opposite is also true.
By "the opposite", do you mean if it's fully open and you press it for tilt, it will close and then tilt open?

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
By "the opposite", do you mean if it's fully open and you press it for tilt, it will close and then tilt open?
Yes.

I often switch from full open moonroof style to tilted up sunroof style as it's still a little too cold without cranking up the heat. Soon enough though it will be fully opened most of the time.
Sponsored