What I learned in my shop for a CTR today...

CTRAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTR
Country flag
I took a ride to a dealer in neighboring town today just to assess things. Here's what I found...

Some of these dudes are really into this mark up blitz. I mean they will tell you anything. They started off telling me "it's the only car you can drive that is going to appreciate and make money while you drive it." They tried to get me to buy it by telling me I could turn around and sell it for a huge profit. They even went so far as to make comparisons to the Mk4 Toyota Supra, because somebody sold one for 70k at an auction apparently...

It seems like that letter from Honda was legit. We discussed the mark up and I mentioned they may be shooting themsleves on the foot with getting future type R's and they actually acknowledged it by telling me a couple of dealers are already getting, in "trouble" but they were still gonna go ahead and do it.

Lastly I learned they really don't want to sell these cars. Well mostly the dealers who only have one. It's basically their flagship car which is on display to draw people in. Once they realize they can't afford it, they in theory will buy another car there.

I'm not against mark up honestly but these prices are quite ridiculous. It's not even that I can't afford it because I can. I'm just not in the business of giving away free money to be first. In all honesty this actually putting a bad taste in my mouth altogether. Not sure if I'll wait or shop another brand. lol

Oh well, happy hunting ladies and gentleman!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I took a ride to a dealer in neighboring town today just to assess things. Here's what I found...

Some of these dudes are really into this mark up blitz. I mean they will tell you anything. They started off telling me "it's the only car you can drive that is going to appreciate and make money while you drive it." They tried to get me to buy it by telling me I could turn around and sell it for a huge profit. They even went so far as to make comparisons to the Mk4 Toyota Supra, because somebody sold one for 70k at an auction apparently...

It seems like that letter from Honda was legit. We discussed the mark up and I mentioned they may be shooting themsleves on the foot with getting future type R's and they actually acknowledged it buy telling me a couple of dealers are already getting, in "trouble" but they were still gonna go ahead and do it.

Lastly I learned they really don't want to sell these cars. Well mostly the dealers who only have one. It's basically their flagship car which is on display to draw people in. Once they realize they can't afford it, they in theory will buy another car there.

I'm not against mark up honestly but these prices are quite ridiculous. It's not even that I can't afford it because I can. I'm just not in the business of giving away free money to be first. In all honesty this actually putting a bad taste in my mouth altogether. Not sure if I'll wait or shop another brand. lol

Oh well, happy hunting ladies and gentleman!!!
How did this experience compare to your GTR shopping experience?

OP
OP

CTRAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTR
Country flag
Since I had an old GTR it was a simple as finding a good deal and getting it shipped across the ocean from Japan. I actually got mine before they started flooding the market so it was way less than they go for now! lol

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Since I had an old GTR it was a simple as finding a good deal and getting it shipped across the ocean from Japan. I actually got mine before they started flooding the market so it was way less than they go for now! lol
Nice, I figure once the EK TypeR hits that 25 year mark it would be more exclusive than this CTR.
Sponsored