What do you want to see in a Grand Touring trim?

What do you want to see in a Grand Touring trim?

• Moon roof

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • Leather interior

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Smaller spoiler/no spoiler

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Heated seats

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Less expensive tires

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Improved fuel economy (at some cost to performance)

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Lower MSRP (at some cost to performance)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • 5 seats

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Lane Watch/Honda Sensing

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Assisted parking or parking sensors

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Real hand brake.

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

Hypnotoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Juke, Acura TL
Country flag
The hint that there may be a grand touring type R variant coming I wondered people think it should be like. Obviously for the most part any features added to such a trim would increase the price.

There's no way I could include every option someone might want in the poll so feel free to discuss what I missed... I'm not a pro at polls but it looks like I can add options later, will try to keep up with the thread and expand the poll as we go.
Sponsored

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
Honestly most of these options you have listed are not what a type R stands for, weight up high (moon roof) and most others just add weight that most of us don't care for. If I wanted these options I'd be looking at a different car.

OP
OP

Hypnotoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Juke, Acura TL
Country flag
Honestly most of these options you have listed are not what a type R stands for, weight up high (moon roof) and most others just add weight that most of us don't care for. If I wanted these options I'd be looking at a different car.
Sure, but there's a reason Honda will make a less track-oriented variant: lots of people care about things other than track performance.

Vortexhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM Civic Type R GT #10432
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan (totaled) 2017 Type R (#322)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Literally none of these things, and I am not track-oriented by any means. I like road trips and driving up the mountain on weekends to watch the sunset and go stargazing.

I would have said Lane Watch (like the Si) or Honda Sensing.

Okay maybe 19" rims that don't break so easily but they don't have to be less expensive.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Literally none of these things, and I am not track-oriented by any means. I like road trips and driving up the mountain on weekends to watch the sunset and go stargazing.

I would have said Lane Watch (like the Si) or Honda Sensing.

Okay maybe 19" rims that don't break so easily but they don't have to be less expensive.
^ Agree :)

Definitely some lighter dark grey or black 19" rims with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
I'd like the moonroof and heated seats, but neither is a big deal. Sensing and other safety tech would be much more important, and with Honda rolling it out on MT versions of the Fit and Accord, I'm hopeful we'll see it in the Si and Type-R.

It would be nice to get rid of the wing too, even though it's part of the car's character. Unfortunately, a smaller one would actually be worse, because it would partially block the rearward view. Maybe it could be optional.

OP
OP

Hypnotoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Juke, Acura TL
Country flag
It would be nice to get rid of the wing too, even though it's part of the car's character.
I actually like the idea of a big wing, but the current one doesn't do much for me. But if I end up buying an R (still debating) I definitely wouldn't take it off.

I added a couple things people mentioned to the poll...

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
tbh, there isn't anything else I really would want. It comes with everything I want and need. Don't care for all that honda sensing/lane watch stuff

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
Basically what we already have is very close to the Euro GT trim. I think more people want less luxury and hence a cheaper MSRP and lower curb weight than want even more luxury.