What did you pay for your New 2017 Touring?

whudgens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Civic, 1995 Civic,
Hey Gang,

I see an old thread for the 2016 Touring. But anyone lucky get buy a 2017 Touring! If so I would really like to know. I am soon going to buy one in South Texas. - thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
whudgens

whudgens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Civic, 1995 Civic,
I got an email from Sam's Club (coupon) for $1,899 off MSRP for a 2017 CIVIC Touring.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you pay for your New 2017 Touring? 1899 off msrp.JPG

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Canadian 2017 Civic Coupe Touring

$34,000.01 with aero kit, wing spoiler and all season mats including freight ($1,105), PDI ($490), fees, levies, licensing and 13% sales tax. That's about $2,200 off MSRP. This is CAD, so x0.75 for USD ($1 USD = $1.34 CAD).

gborges

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag

$34,000.01 with aero kit, wing spoiler and all season mats including freight ($1,105), PDI ($490), fees, levies, licensing and 13% sales tax. That's about $2,200 off MSRP. This is CAD, so x0.75 for USD ($1 USD = $1.34 CAD).
Hey, do you mind posting what dealer you dealt with? Thx...

TommiTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
24,186 the Tax title and doc fees. no extras. 2017 Civic Touring Sedan. 3,249 off MSRP.
$24,186 vehicle price plus tax, title & doc fees? What dealer? I'm in the market for a 2017 Touring. Would like to deal locally but would travel to Dayton if necessary.

Are you having any issues with the infotainment system as the 2016's have been having? I was working on a deal for one of these but honestly I WILL NOT be a beta tester for Honda at $400/mo.

TIA

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring

You can't use the exchange rate to justify that you got a good deal. You as a Canadian resident earn income in CAD, have purchasing power in CAD. I bet you that car is priced at $27,790 whether or not the dollar is at par or in the shitter. So unless you were explicitly able to take advantage of the exchange rate by converting USD to CAD when you got the USD during 2011, then saying your car is worth 0.75US in Canada means jack...

dhonious1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring 2016 Honda Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
$24,186 vehicle price plus tax, title & doc fees? What dealer? I'm in the market for a 2017 Touring. Would like to deal locally but would travel to Dayton if necessary.

Are you having any issues with the infotainment system as the 2016's have been having? I was working on a deal for one of these but honestly I WILL NOT be a beta tester for Honda at $400/mo.

TIA
It was a dealer in Columbus. Roush Honda. They messed up and quoted me the 2016 price. But they were great to deal with and didn't say try to get out of it. Where are you located?

The infotainment system is a little slow but that and one time the backup camera didn't come on for about 4 seconds but that was when i started it quick and put it in reverse before the system booted up.

Good luck. The lady i worked with was named Linda Barba. give it a try. Last week they had 11 2017 touring models.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW Passat TDI SEL
Signed the papers yesterday (23 Nov 2016) at a local SW Central PA Honda dealer (near Hershey PA) for a 2017 Civic Touring, White Orchid Pearl/Ivory, for $24,000 + 6% PA Sales tax ($1440) + title, lien, transfer, tire tax, online registration fee ($105.55) and doc fees ($135) = OTD $25,680.55

Basically, after test driving the 2016 Civic a few times and deciding on the Touring, I emailed several Honda dealers in my general area, asked for their best price, and pitted them against each other. When one gave me a new low bid, I'd send that bid to another dealer. If he beat it, I'd take that bid to yet another dealer. Initially, I was getting bids for a 2016 Touring I hoped to get a good deal on since the '17s are coming in. The lowest bid I got on a '16 Touring was $23,749 (+ TTL and doc fees- all these price quotes are before the doc fees and TTL), but when I emailed that bid to dealer A, he offered me a 2017 Touring for $600 more ($24,349), saying the extra $600 I'd pay for the '17 model would be worth it because it'd be a year newer/better resale down the line (true). So I took THAT bid back to the same dealer that offered me the '16 for $23,749 (dealer B), and he said he'd match it. Told him thanks but I'd just stick with the other dealer (A). He (dealer B) emailed back 20 minutes later, saying they'd sell me the '17 for $24,000. (doc fees were within $10 at both dealerships). Told him I'd have to seriously consider it, that it was a fantastic offer. Took that offer for the $24,000 back to dealer A (where I actually wanted to buy the car- they're closest to me and have a great overall reputation and service department), called him, and realized while he wanted my business, he was getting tired of my negotiating (understandable). He said come on in, we'll do what we have to do to get your business. So I realized I needed to finalize a deal soon, and that getting a brand new 2017 Civic Touring for what I'd have been lucky to pay for a '16 was a fantastic deal.

Went in yesterday to meet with him (dealer A) and finalize things. Knew I'd be happy if he just said they'd match the $24,000 quote for the '17 Touring, + TTL and doc fees. If he didn't match it, I would have walked out and bought the Touring with dealer B. But I could tell this guy (dealer A) wouldn't try and pull that. Always ask for a little more than you actually want, so that if they don't give it to you, they'll feel like they won. Even though I knew I'd be thrilled paying $24,000 + TTL and doc fees, told dealer A if they did that and threw on the mudflaps for free, I'd sign then and there. He took that and checked with his boss, came back a few minutes later, and told me we had a deal. Also, I always tell the dealer he may not put any dealer stickers/plate holders on the car (if they want to advertise on my car, they need to pay for that advertising!). He said no problem...

One neat wrinkle- I'm buying the Touring because I'm selling my TDI back to VW. Sell back date's around mid-Dec, so dealer A/my Honda dealer will get my new '17 WOP/Ivory by that time. Oh, also used my VW $500 debit VISA (part of the VW "Sorry we screwed up" $1000 goodwill package) to put down the deposit on my Touring. Have to say, that's an awesome feeling...

Don't feel bad doing this- it's business, and the dealers are all about volume/selling as many cars as they can. The price quote I got for the '17 Touring was so low ($24,000) that some other dealers I emailed with it (dealer C) said he could not touch it, best he could do was $25,308 +TTL. Also, dealer D stopped emailing me after I asked if he could beat the $24,000 for a '17 Touring. That further cemented the fact that I was getting a great deal. I suggest just emailing back and forth asking if they want to beat a price quote/get your business. Not wasting my time driving to various dealers and sitting in their cubicles while they play the "gotta check with my manager" game. When you email them, you're in control...

Best of luck to everyone. I'll let you know when I get my Touring. Let me know if you have any questions.

Howelldaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Civic coupe,99 Cougar, 89 Mustang LX 5.0, 70'Cuda, 06 Mustang Pony convert, 17 CivicTouring coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Signed the papers yesterday (23 Nov 2016) at a local SW Central PA Honda dealer (near Hershey PA) for a 2017 Civic Touring, White Orchid Pearl/Ivory, for $24,000 + 6% PA Sales tax ($1440) + title, lien, transfer, tire tax, online registration fee ($105.55) and doc fees ($135) = OTD $25,680.55

Basically, after test driving the 2016 Civic a few times and deciding on the Touring, I emailed several Honda dealers in my general area, asked for their best price, and pitted them against each other. When one gave me a new low bid, I'd send that bid to another dealer. If he beat it, I'd take that bid to yet another dealer. Initially, I was getting bids for a 2016 Touring I hoped to get a good deal on since the '17s are coming in. The lowest bid I got on a '16 Touring was $23,749 (+ TTL and doc fees- all these price quotes are before the doc fees and TTL), but when I emailed that bid to dealer A, he offered me a 2017 Touring for $600 more ($24,349), saying the extra $600 I'd pay for the '17 model would be worth it because it'd be a year newer/better resale down the line (true). So I took THAT bid back to the same dealer that offered me the '16 for $23,749 (dealer B), and he said he'd match it. Told him thanks but I'd just stick with the other dealer (A). He (dealer B) emailed back 20 minutes later, saying they'd sell me the '17 for $24,000. (doc fees were within $10 at both dealerships). Told him I'd have to seriously consider it, that it was a fantastic offer. Took that offer for the $24,000 back to dealer A (where I actually wanted to buy the car- they're closest to me and have a great overall reputation and service department), called him, and realized while he wanted my business, he was getting tired of my negotiating (understandable). He said come on in, we'll do what we have to do to get your business. So I realized I needed to finalize a deal soon, and that getting a brand new 2017 Civic Touring for what I'd have been lucky to pay for a '16 was a fantastic deal.

Went in yesterday to meet with him (dealer A) and finalize things. Knew I'd be happy if he just said they'd match the $24,000 quote for the '17 Touring, + TTL and doc fees. If he didn't match it, I would have walked out and bought the Touring with dealer B. But I could tell this guy (dealer A) wouldn't try and pull that. Always ask for a little more than you actually want, so that if they don't give it to you, they'll feel like they won. Even though I knew I'd be thrilled paying $24,000 + TTL and doc fees, told dealer A if they did that and threw on the mudflaps for free, I'd sign then and there. He took that and checked with his boss, came back a few minutes later, and told me we had a deal. Also, I always tell the dealer he may not put any dealer stickers/plate holders on the car (if they want to advertise on my car, they need to pay for that advertising!). He said no problem...

One neat wrinkle- I'm buying the Touring because I'm selling my TDI back to VW. Sell back date's around mid-Dec, so dealer A/my Honda dealer will get my new '17 WOP/Ivory by that time. Oh, also used my VW $500 debit VISA (part of the VW "Sorry we screwed up" $1000 goodwill package) to put down the deposit on my Touring. Have to say, that's an awesome feeling...

Don't feel bad doing this- it's business, and the dealers are all about volume/selling as many cars as they can. The price quote I got for the '17 Touring was so low ($24,000) that some other dealers I emailed with it (dealer C) said he could not touch it, best he could do was $25,308 +TTL. Also, dealer D stopped emailing me after I asked if he could beat the $24,000 for a '17 Touring. That further cemented the fact that I was getting a great deal. I suggest just emailing back and forth asking if they want to beat a price quote/get your business. Not wasting my time driving to various dealers and sitting in their cubicles while they play the "gotta check with my manager" game. When you email them, you're in control...

Best of luck to everyone. I'll let you know when I get my Touring. Let me know if you have any questions.

Howelldaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Civic coupe,99 Cougar, 89 Mustang LX 5.0, 70'Cuda, 06 Mustang Pony convert, 17 CivicTouring coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took my daughter to get a 2017 Touring Coupe. MSRP was for $27,060 with an extra sticker on it for a Protection Package that included Splash Guards, Trunk Tray and Wheel Locks for an additional $275.00 Got the car for $25,388 and then got an additional $500.00 off for recent college graduate. Total was $24,888 plus tax and motor vehicle commission fees.

vwpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring, 2016 Civic ext, soon to be gone 2011 VW tdi Sportwagon
Country flag

Tdi owner here too. Can't wait to move to the touring. My wife has a 2016 EXT that we've been driving to keep the miles off the VW. LOVE that car!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW Passat TDI SEL
Tdi owner here too. Can't wait to move to the touring. My wife has a 2016 EXT that we've been driving to keep the miles off the VW. LOVE that car!
So I'm not the only TDI owner who's getting a Civic (and a Touring, no less), huh? Love my TDI, but I being able to get a brand new car (and an amazing car at that) with 0 miles instead of the 90K I have now was a no-brainer. The Honda Sensing Package sealed it for me: love all those features.

I know there are tradeoffs: will miss the amazing Fender speakers, the 800 mile highway range, and the Civic power won't come close to the TDI's, but I'll get used to the Civic power, it IS a turbo, and it's an overall fantastic car that I can't wait to get. Good to know you and your Mrs. love the EXT.
Sponsored