What did you do to your Type R today?

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Dang. Maybe me too? Who else has weather tech?
I have them and there are gaps. I even tried to heat them up and stretch them wider but they eventually went back to its original form.

I went husky liner, and they're fantastic. See if you can return them potentially?
The reason I went WeatherTech is that I went researching Husky vs. WeatherTech, and Husky reviews were varied from 'you get what you pay for' and 'warp after just a few years' to 'they're perfect', whereas WeatherTech was mostly positive. I was also reading that Husky liners were thinner and more slippery.
Sponsored

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan LX, '17 CTR (PA Signed in WI, ETA 5/31-6/7, Blue)
Country flag
I have them and there are gaps. I even tried to heat them up and stretch them wider but they eventually went back to its original form.

The reason I went WeatherTech is that I went researching Husky vs. WeatherTech, and Husky reviews were varied from 'you get what you pay for' and 'warp after just a few years' to 'they're perfect', whereas WeatherTech was mostly positive. I was also reading that Husky liners were thinner and more slippery.

I have had the huskys in a '16 civic for 25000 miles now and they're still form fit and perfect.

I'm sure some people have had bad luck, and I hope husky stands behind their product for those guys.

Have a couple buddies who also have had them much longer and have had the same positive experience, which is how I initially found out about them.

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan LX, '17 CTR (PA Signed in WI, ETA 5/31-6/7, Blue)
Country flag
Just finished installing additional lighting to front and rear foot wells. Minimal wiring visible, and I'm very Detail oriented when it comes to this.

Have the OEM foot wells and they are so dim. These are brighter, red and plug into 12v. A simple splitter allows me to have 2 sets of 2 12" bars plugged in.

I used loc-tite to ensure these suckers never move from the area. It took about 4 hours from getting them to soldering them to 12V accessory adapters, and then installing them into the areas.

I installed the rears into the crevice in the seats and wired them through the seats ensuring I was still able to adjust without worry.

It is as close to OEM as possible in terms of looks and feel, turns on with the car and looks good in the night and cannot wait to see them in the day time.

As a bonus, I am currently working with my wife on a pillow like rest for the center console to secure my 7 plus with a 90 degree cable to hold it perfect. I really don't love CarPlay, so I will be using Waze mostly and miss my setup from my 16' civic.

Let me know if you have questions. I know others posted pics and links so I didn't think it would be needed to repeat that

Walmart had auto drive premium red light strips, 2 12" strips for 29.99, 2 bucks for a 12V accessory adapter. Got two sets of those.

Soldered them together, used a splitter I had already, have a dual charger and 2 USB came with it. I'll have 4 cables available for any passengers, and the CarPlay connection going through the custom "pillow" in the console.

Quite a rambling post but I got quite motivated late at night. 3 am here and I'm just finishing up.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Got a Cargo Tray in the R today.
Trimmed edge/flap with sharp scissors and burned the edge briefly with a lighter to make the color match.
Looks Factory and can't tell it was cut at all!
Thanks @RatedR

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_8870.JPG

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
Looks great man, still waiting on my shop to get me in. In the meantime I've suffered two very tiny rock chips :(

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Looks great man, still waiting on my shop to get me in. In the meantime I've suffered two very tiny rock chips :(
Yeah that's why I got the PPF as soon as possible. My last 2 cars has rock chips on the front :( hopefully those can be repaired easily before you get it out on!

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag

I did my interior with Scotchgard and the exterior with the nano-ceramic coating.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_0492.JPG