First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New profile pic! Traded in my '16 Civic Touring for a '16 Corolla LE Eco!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! toyota-lets

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! toyota-lets

Last edited:

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After almost 2 months of waiting, I finally got my clear side markers installed (first shipment didn't arrive after 40 days but the replacement shipment took just under 2 weeks).

I love how they seem to catch the light and look like they're glowing, even when the lights aren't on (I installed amber LED bulbs so the lights definitely aren't on in this image). It's kind of cool how you can see the light from the back of the car too since they protrude out a bit in the middle.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! clear-side-marker
Looks awesome! If you get a moment, do you think you could post a pic of the full side profile of the car? Want to get a preview..

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks awesome! If you get a moment, do you think you could post a pic of the full side profile of the car? Want to get a preview..
Sure, I'll try to get one tomorrow morning. I just had my tinting redone this afternoon, so hopefully the windows look a bit better after the tinting has set a bit.

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Sure, I'll try to get one tomorrow morning. I just had my tinting redone this afternoon, so hopefully the windows look a bit better after the tinting has set a bit.
Which tint did you get? Was gonna get mine tinted today, but was overwhelmed by the number of films available, as well as the price differences.

From what I've learned, ceramic film or 3M crystalline is the way to go to reject the maximum amount of heat, correct?

Side note: since I didn't get Desiree tinted, I wiped down the interior and cleaned and conditioned the leather seats. She's shining on the inside now, too! :D

MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan + a few non-Hondas
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which tint did you get? Was gonna get mine tinted today, but was overwhelmed by the number of films available, as well as the price differences.

From what I've learned, ceramic film or 3M crystalline is the way to go to reject the maximum amount of heat, correct?

Side note: since I didn't get Desiree tinted, I wiped down the interior and cleaned and conditioned the leather seats. She's shining on the inside now, too! :D
That's partly correct. Crystalline is the most expensive, but is the way to go to reject the maximum amount of heat. It reflects about 97% of the harmful infrared away from your interior, and about 60% of the heat. HOWEVER, the crystalline is more of a film than a tint in that it lets 90% of the light into your car. Your car won't look tinted other than being a slightly brownish color.

Ceramic also reflects heat at about 60%, and blocks about 80% of infrared. It has the different levels of darkness that you can choose from to gauge how much light you want to let in. This makes a nice difference at night because of glare reduction. Also looks badass.

Overview (should have started with this)

Crystalline
The more expensive option
-97% infrared blocking
-60% heat blocking
-10% light blocking

Ceramic
The cheaper option
-80% infrared blocking
-60% heat blocking
-customizable to any percentage of light blocking

As a side note, crystalline actually feels quite a bit cooler than the percentages would make it seem, but I think of tint as being a visual accessory as well, and balance it between looks and functionality. I have the ceramic tint on mine.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! P1014615m.JPG

Also, just don't even bother getting the standard tint option.

Last edited:

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
That's partly correct. Crystalline is the most expensive, but is the way to go to reject the maximum amount of heat. It reflects about 97% of the harmful infrared away from your interior, and about 60% of the heat. HOWEVER, the crystalline is more of a film than a tint in that it lets 90% of the light into your car. Your car won't look tinted other than being a slightly brownish color.

Ceramic also reflects heat at about 60%, and blocks about 80% of infrared. It has the different levels of darkness that you can choose from to gauge how much light you want to let in. This makes a nice difference at night because of glare reduction. Also looks badass.

Overview (should have started with this)

Crystalline
The more expensive option
-97% infrared blocking
-60% heat blocking
-10% light blocking

Ceramic
The cheaper option
-80% infrared blocking
-60% heat blocking
-customizable to any percentage of light blocking

As a side note, crystalline actually feels quite a bit cooler than the percentages would make it seem, but I think of tint as being a visual accessory as well, and balance it between looks and functionality. I have the ceramic tint on mine.

P1014615m.JPG

Also, just don't even bother getting the standard tint option.
Thank you so much for the detailed answer! It really helps narrow it down for me.

The tint on your ride looks pretty sweet, man. Which brand did you go with? Is Rayno a good quality brand of ceramic tint? I have a few shops that are using that film in my area.

Lastly, is it necessary to tint the windshield, too (for maximum heat reduction), if I'm going to use a sun shield anyway, when the car is parked? When the car is in motion, does it really help on a hot day? That's the last thing I'm debating.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.