What brand PPF (paint protection film) is everyone using?

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
Like the title says, what brand is everyone using? I'm DIY, so I'm looking for a kit. The only one i see so far is Xpel that lists for the R. All the other ones, the closest is Hatchback Sport. Am I to assume the R is the same with exception to; the hood if beyond a certain section, the fenders(beyond a certain point), rear bumper(with exception to the middle cuttout), and sideskirts?

Type R listing:
http://www.xpel.com/paint-protectio...ight_Trucks/2017/Honda/Civic/Hatchback/Type_R

Hatchback Sport:

http://clearmask.com/amfinder/index...finder[4]=2077&finder[5]=7613&finder[6]=16772

http://www.invisiblemask.com/imask/index.php?route=product/category&path=34718
Sponsored

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Suntek is the best. It is super clear and does not yellow overtime. It also seems to take the abuse better compared to other brands I have used.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Suntek Ultra is what I'm getting, but they don't have a pattern for the Type-R yet and I've been bugging them since release. Xpel already has the pattern ready to go.

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Suntek Ultra is what I'm getting, but they don't have a pattern for the Type-R yet and I've been bugging them since release. Xpel already has the pattern ready to go.
Same with the Si. They should have it before August (I hope) or I will be driving naked for a few weeks unless I go with something else but I really like the Suntek....congrats on the Type R btw

OP
OP

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks. I'll try Suntek if the price is good. But, from the website, it doesnt' look like they sell an online kit. I've contacted the Anaheim distributor to see what they say. Expel is pricey compared to invisible mask(3M scotch guard). I've used the 3M stuff and it's holding up pretty well in socal sun. I think it's starting to yellow a bit, but it's been on for 3+ years. No complaints really.

good_ol_dv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
I just got Suntek put on my car (they did have the templates with their TruCut software).
It looks pretty good.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They wife and I put Suntek PPF-C on some of the car so far. We aren't experts, and we didn't do that great of a job as we were trying to each part in one whole piece.
Around here, they wanted $1600 to do a custom install of the hood, bumper, 6 inches of the leading edge of the roof and A pillars, and the mirrors. They wanted $5000 for starters for the entire car. So, we ordered some bulk film, and so far, done the entire hood, roof, gas lid and front corners of the bumper(it was a total fail for the entire bumper, so just left the large part of each corner).
We are doing it in stages. Even though it looks like a$$, it will provide protection when at the track next month, and for One Lap next year.

OP
OP

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They wife and I put Suntek PPF-C on some of the car so far. We aren't experts, and we didn't do that great of a job as we were trying to each part in one whole piece.
Around here, they wanted $1600 to do a custom install of the hood, bumper, 6 inches of the leading edge of the roof and A pillars, and the mirrors. They wanted $5000 for starters for the entire car. So, we ordered some bulk film, and so far, done the entire hood, roof, gas lid and front corners of the bumper(it was a total fail for the entire bumper, so just left the large part of each corner).
We are doing it in stages. Even though it looks like a$$, it will provide protection when at the track next month, and for One Lap next year.
Wait, so you didn't get a cut kit vehicle specific but jus some trim your own pieces?

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes, just got 11 feet of 60" film for the roof and hood.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
My installer also only uses Suntek. I've been happy so far.
Sponsored