What are your top 3 complaints with the Civic Si?

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
It's actually great for me as well -- unless it's in the 90s and high humidity... Then it has some trouble. But yeah, all a matter of perspective/relative experience for sure.

devert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
I wish the Si has auto blip like the type R..
I wonder if hondata or ktuner can add that to the tune

Jake Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2017 CR-V AWD Touring
Country flag
My AC can create an Arctic winter even on a really hot day. I love AC, but I find myself turning it down a lot of the time, and we've had some serious heat in the SF East Bay Area lately; it was 104 the other week. Once the AC gets going, it's really cold. But this has all been in relatively dry heat; I don't know how it performs in humidity.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I wish the Si has auto blip like the type R..
I wonder if hondata or ktuner can add that to the tune
Unlike the Type R, the Si doesn't have the prerequisite gear position switch for such a feature.

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
my dealer went above and beyond to try and fix this issue. Even had a Honda field tech come out and look at it. The first 2 times, they tried to repad the area, which failed. Then they replaced the rear shelf, failed. Field tech told them the rear shelf had some production issues and it was a few millimeters too long and it was causing shelf to warp which in turn caused the vibration, failed. Was told might have not gotten the updated shelf, so replaced it again, failed. Yesterday they tried a fix that they did on the Accords in the past with similar issue, failed again. very frustrated at this point. this has been going on since I bought the car 10 months ago. Field tech told us if they can not fix the issue they would pay for me to get it fixed at an audio install shop, so that's where I am right now. Waiting to hear back from my dealer for the go ahead and when I do I will be taking it to a reputable shop to have them assess the situation to hopefully fix this once and for all.. I listen to bass heavy music and I like it loud so this has been a nightmare for me. Part of the reason I went with the Touring was to have the upgraded sound system. Wish I would have just gone with the EXL AT THIS POINT , and had a sound system put in.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
my dealer went above and beyond to try and fix this issue. Even had a Honda field tech come out and look at it. The first 2 times, they tried to repad the area, which failed. Then they replaced the rear shelf, failed. Field tech told them the rear shelf had some production issues and it was a few millimeters too long and it was causing shelf to warp which in turn caused the vibration, failed. Was told might have not gotten the updated shelf, so replaced it again, failed. Yesterday they tried a fix that they did on the Accords in the past with similar issue, failed again. very frustrated at this point. this has been going on since I bought the car 10 months ago. Field tech told us if they can not fix the issue they would pay for me to get it fixed at an audio install shop, so that's where I am right now. Waiting to hear back from my dealer for the go ahead and when I do I will be taking it to a reputable shop to have them assess the situation to hopefully fix this once and for all.. I listen to bass heavy music and I like it loud so this has been a nightmare for me. Part of the reason I went with the Touring was to have the upgraded sound system. Wish I would have just gone with the EXL AT THIS POINT , and had a sound system put in.
You posted in the Si forum, but the Si sedan may have the same subwoofer rattle as the Touring - at least mine seems to. However, I rarely listen to music loud enough to make it rattle, so I haven't been motivated to do anything about it. If it really bothers me, I'll use a frequency generator app on my iPhone through the car's Bluetooth to force it to rattle constantly which should make it much easier to narrow down the cause and find a solution.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Top 3 after test driving 4 of them now..:hmm:

1) Rev hang.. this reminded me of my 8th gen Si when it was new and before Flash Pro was released (I'm sure the Dual Mass Flywheel is not helping with this issue and might be part of the problem)
2) Arm rest (center console and doors) material this is absolutely garbage I will be ordering the touring parts to fix this..
3) Paint quality... I know I know... it's a Civic... but I have had numerous Hondas and I can tell you the Si's that I have looked at (Silver, Black and Blue) all had a ton of orange peel on the same area.. the trunk and rear quarter panels .. now the Green I looked at didn't have this issue at all?? not sure what day of the week the paint was sprayed but it needs to look a little better:thumbsdown:
Want to add one more after using my buddies 10th Si for the weekend... the armrest is about 2" too low I liked how my 8th Gen Si had the shift knob and armrest at the same level.... might need to see if there is a way to bring the height on the shift down a little:hmm:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 8th Si's in blue and black (I had a black one) all had paint issues due to a solvent that was in the paint that caused it to contract in the heat. I had to have pretty much all of the top level areas repainted within the first 5 years. Luckily Honda payed for all of it.

9civic10

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
The tick tick tick from the engine can be maddening while sitting in traffic next to barriers haha

runnin9z

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 97 Nsx
The brake pedal seems very low. I only wear a size 10.5 shoe and the brake pedal seems to be lower on my foot hen most cars. I feel the top of my shoe hit the pedal arm all the time.

9civic10

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
It's funny because in traffic before id hear that constant tick from cars around me . I'm like WTF , do they have no oil or something ?

Now I'm in one of the cars haha . Traffic is now windows up ac on .

AngryECW

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Sedan, 1996 Acura Integra GSR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Absolutely LOVE my WOP SI Sedan, but to be nit picky

1. Exhaust tip, HATE the trapezoidal tip, why not just go with the same look as the Hatch Sport?
2. Rims, just not my taste, will be swapping those out soon
3. More POWER is always welcomed, but as my DD giving me 37-38 mpg in heavy traffic, no biggie here
Sponsored