Warning:do not upgrade to latest version of google maps

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Updated to newest version 2 nights ago..
Was not part of a full phone software update

Known Affected phones: LG G5
(Have 2 in household one with one without update)
Carrier: sprint (might not affect other cariers as the run slightly different versions of software

Issue.
If you are using the phones navi via android auto and you get a message via whatsapp it glitches out the audio volume to be stuck on guidance volume. The volume of the radio goes way down. Its audible but not at high speed and if you try to adjust the volume it will let you go anywere from 0 to 11. 11 being maxed out via the visible bars (this is guidance volume).. Hiwever wether you bring it to 0 or 11 the radio volume stays the same.. Doesnt matter if u uss the steering wheel volume or tablet radio.

How verified: Second lg g5 has not been active so did not have map update.. Tried to replicate without update. Not succesful.. Updated maps and sent meesage from wifes phone via whatsapp and issue was replicated.

Workaround: reset table/radio by holding the power/audio "touch" button for 5 seconds and hit reboot on center of screen. With that said you will have to reboot everytime you get a message via whatsapp.

If people get this with other phones i will update here

Just for clarification: this is not a honda issue. Nor can honda fix it. This issue was wholely created by android/google maps/maybe even whatsapp as i dont know when that last updated.

Sidenote: welcome to technology.. I was in the car bussiness for 5 years.. After that.. 14 years in the cellular industry with verizon/att/sprint and i held many many positions from technical to sales to mangement and upper management..
Sponsored

Rayven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan
Thanks for the post but it seems a bit OTT - especially for people who don't use Whatsapp. Perhaps it would be good to mention it in the title so it shows up in searches too. Thanks for posting the issue anyway.

OP
OP
Draken187

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Thanks for the post but it seems a bit OTT - especially for people who don't use Whatsapp. Perhaps it would be good to mention it in the title so it shows up in searches too. Thanks for posting the issue anyway.
I can agree.. But this car is sold globally.. And we have members from all around the world..
Outside of north america people predominantly use whatsapp and not sms messaging

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
If you want to go back, you can copy off the .APK installer file for the older version from your one phone that still has it and install it onto your other phone

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use whatsapp, thanks for this.

sniper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
I've had this issue on various phones over the past few months, reset headunit, or disconnect/reconnect android auto and issue is solved. I know, not the greatest, but what can you do.

OP
OP
Draken187

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've had this issue on various phones over the past few months, reset headunit, or disconnect/reconnect android auto and issue is solved. I know, not the greatest, but what can you do.
Disco reco wouldnt work for me.. Only a car restart or radio reset
Sponsored