Warm start grinding noise news!!!!!FIX

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I just dropped my Touring off at the dealer for a Honda Field Tech to address the vibrating subwoofer issue I've been having since I bought the car. I asked the consultant if while he is addressing that if he could look at the warm start grinding issue as well that I have been wanting to fix. He said I actually wanted to talk to you about that. He stated Honda just put out a release yesterday that they have determined the cause of this and they are ordering the part and will replace it tomorrow. He stated it was either a part inside the CVT valve body or the valve body itself in the CVT, I can't remember which but Honda has stated and acknowledged this is the issue and will repair it!!! Finally. Fingers crossed!!
Sponsored

airgas1998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic touring sedan
Country flag
whil
I just dropped my Touring off at the dealer for a Honda Field Tech to address the vibrating subwoofer issue I've been having since I bought the car. I asked the consultant if while he is addressing that if he could look at the warm start grinding issue as well that I have been wanting to fix. He said I actually wanted to talk to you about that. He stated Honda just put out a release yesterday that they have determined the cause of this and they are ordering the part and will replace it tomorrow. He stated it was either a part inside the CVT valve body or the valve body itself in the CVT, I can't remember which but Honda has stated and acknowledged this is the issue and will repair it!!! Finally. Fingers crossed!!
while that acknowledgement is great...I'm not to thrilled of them having to disassemble the cvt to fix this.

airgas1998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic touring sedan
Country flag
this also should mean all march production civics with the 1.5t shouldn't have this issue.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep us posted, especially if there's an official TSB issued.

This would be bigly good news.

Monkeyelvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T Aegean Blue
Country flag
My service guy is going to give me the TSB number and I will post it. Said they have to order parts from California and they won't be in till next week so he will call as soon as parts arrive.
I really hope this is true. My civic has been at the dealer for 30 days as of today.

sparky79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
stole your Thunder lol
kudos to both of you!

wonder how hard the install will be, definitely won't want some Honda amateur tech taking apart the drivetrain.
It is only 1.5 hours of labor on the TSB, so it is likely fairly accessible without moving things out of the way or dropping the trans. It is also good that they acknowledged it does not cause harm, more of a nuisance (so they say).

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow.

Never thought this day would come.

Guess it's time to email the dealer...

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is only 1.5 hours of labor on the TSB, so it is likely fairly accessible without moving things out of the way or dropping the trans. It is also good that they acknowledged it does not cause harm, more of a nuisance (so they say).
where does it say 1.5 hrs?