"Wake the Dragon" Tail of the Dragon Event Announcement + Ktuner V2 Raffle!

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
is there any reason that the even isn't until march but the raffle is only selling tickets for a few weeks?
Sponsored

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is there any reason that the even isn't until march but the raffle is only selling tickets for a few weeks?
Yes. The main purpose of the raffle is to raise funds for facility rentals at Fontana Village. We have to book a "banquet hall", an outdoor space for the car show, and the game room if we want to host a pool and/or ping pong tournament. We also have a catered meal planned for one evening. Other expenses include trophies for the car show and anything else we may have to give out such as maps, ect. We could roll all of this into the event registration fee but in an effort to reduce the registration cost and to encourage attendance, Ktuner has generously donated the V2 unit to raffle off. We are waiting until after the raffle before setting the registration cost due to this.

While I won't reveal all of our surprises just yet, I will say that we have had great commitments from several site vendors so far including @KTuner, @procivic, @ACUITY, and @RV6. We are also in talks with several other site vendors. @CTR_Gavin and I greatly appreciate their support. This is shaping up to be a great event. I can honestly say that the door prizes are going to be worth the trip alone! Combine that with some of the best roads in North America, beautify scenery, and a group filled with other CivicX enthusiasts and it is going to be an epic event that we plan on repeating for years to come.

Hmoobgreen

First Name
Samson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic hatchback sport
I hope you guys can do a west coast event soon too specifically in Cali

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Yes. The main purpose of the raffle is to raise funds for facility rentals at Fontana Village. We have to book a "banquet hall", an outdoor space for the car show, and the game room if we want to host a pool and/or ping pong tournament. We also have a catered meal planned for one evening. Other expenses include trophies for the car show and anything else we may have to give out such as maps, ect. We could roll all of this into the event registration fee but in an effort to reduce the registration cost and to encourage attendance, Ktuner has generously donated the V2 unit to raffle off. We are waiting until after the raffle before setting the registration cost due to this.

While I won't reveal all of our surprises just yet, I will say that we have had great commitments from several site vendors so far including @KTuner, @procivic, @ACUITY, and @RV6. We are also in talks with several other site vendors. @CTR_Gavin and I greatly appreciate their support. This is shaping up to be a great event. I can honestly say that the door prizes are going to be worth the trip alone! Combine that with some of the best roads in North America, beautify scenery, and a group filled with other CivicX enthusiasts and it is going to be an epic event that we plan on repeating for years to come.
I knew what its purpose was I just didn't know why the short timing but I'm guessing its just to be able to book everything way in advance before everything fills up and its no longer available.

I plan on buying a few either way though, although I would like to make it.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hm.. How do I go about booking with the code? When I enter in the promotion code it says "The promotional code could not be found. Please review the code and try again."

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hm.. How do I go about booking with the code? When I enter in the promotion code it says "The promotional code could not be found. Please review the code and try again."
As far as I know you have to call to get the group rate but that is something we can check on for you.

jvf1

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 S2000 CR, '06 Civic Si
Country flag
Would like to attend, but I am already committed to attend the s2ki s2000 event there the following weekend. I might bring the Type R to the s2k event this year instead of my S though.

If you haven't been before, it is definitely worth it. Many great roads in the area. This will be my 7th year in a row at the s2k event. I look forward to it all winter long!

bubbaleenc

Owning the country roads.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T Sedan '01 4Runner '18 Suburban
Country flag
The NC mountains is where I first put my CEXT through its paces - specifically on NC 184 & 194 in the Banner Elk area and US 19E down towards Spruce Pine then onto NC 226A through Little Switzerland. These aren't Northern Italian mountain roads (I would love to visit and hire a European-spec for those roads!) or even Rocky Mountain roads, but they are TONS of fun for the East Coast!

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would like to attend, but I am already committed to attend the s2ki s2000 event there the following weekend. I might bring the Type R to the s2k event this year instead of my S though.

If you haven't been before, it is definitely worth it. Many great roads in the area. This will be my 7th year in a row at the s2k event. I look forward to it all winter long!
Tow them both in and stay for a couple of weeks. No big deal. :thumbsup:

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmmmm, only 9 hours. I'll look at my calendar. Sounds like a good time!