"Wake the Dragon" Tail of the Dragon Event Announcement + Ktuner V2 Raffle!

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am excited to officially announce our first annual CivicX.com event, scheduled for the weekend of March 30 - April 1 2018 at the Tail of the Dragon. We are calling it "Wake the Dragon" and our host for the weekend will be the Fontana Village Resort located in Fontana Dam, NC. @CTR_Gavin and I are the event coordinators.

The CivicX.com administration is helping back the event and we also have event sponsors currently including @KTuner, @procivic, @ACUITY, @RV6, @PRL Motorsports, and @Performance Brakes LTD. Please show your gratitude to all of our event supporters!

Current events planned include:
  • Scenic drives across the world famous "Tail of the Dragon" at Deals Gap as well as the Cherohala Skyway
  • A car show with awards voted on by attendees. There will be divisions including the 10th gen Honda Civic sedan, coupe, hatchback, and Type R hatchback. There will also be a division for the coolest "party crasher", eligible to attendees that bring a vehicle other than a 10th gen Civic.
  • A catered meal (BBQ themed buffet) with door prizes donated by event sponsors
  • A pool and/or ping pong tournament
-----

As you may would expect, an event such as this is quite expensive to put together. In order to raise funds for the event and reduce individual registration costs I am excited to announce that we are going to raffle off a Ktuner V2 unit, donated by CivicX site and event sponsor @KTuner!

Raffle Details:
  • Ticket sales begin immediately and entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM CST on 9/1/2017.
  • The drawing will be held on Saturday, 9/2/17.
  • Tickets are $5 each. If someone purchase 5 tickets in an individual transaction they will be awarded a bonus ticket. 2 bonus tickets are awarded for a purchase of 10, 3 for 15, ect.
  • All proceeds will go towards event costs
  • The winner of the raffle will be determined via an independent third party, Randompicker.com. This ensures a completely fair and unbiased selection of the winner. A public record listing all details of the raffle will be available afterwards for review. See Randompicker.com for further details.
-----

An event registration fee will be set after the raffle once we have determined the total amount of expenses that still need to be covered. While we cannot stop you from showing up even if you have not registered, you will not be able to attend any of the official events, be eligible for door prizes, the car show, ect without registering.

Lodging expenses at the Fontana Village Resort will be the responsibility of the attendees but we have negotiated a special price for the weekend. The price is $113 per night for a room with two queen beds. To receive this special rate please call 800-849-2258 and reference "Civic Owner's Group". We have reserved a limited number of rooms. Once those are gone it will be first come, first serve for remaining rooms at the resort. If you have never been to Fontana Village I will say it's an awesome place. In addition to "traditional" hotel style rooms they also have various cabins available on the property that can be rented if desired.

Event t-shirts will be available, we will have more information on those at a later date.

I hope I have not forgotten anything. There are lots of moving parts when it comes to putting together an event such as this. Look for all future updates to of course be announced here at CivicX.com. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. We hope to see you all there!
Sponsored

Last edited:

CTR_Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bumpity bump. We are working on adding more and more sponsors as we can, as well as potentially getting Honda corporate involved. We would love to have this event be a big one to start and look forward to those that are interested in this. Other than that, Corey covered pretty much everything.

RamrodSi

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe
Awesome!!! This is somewhat local to me. Will definitely be purchasing some raffle tickets to help out. Can't wait!

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sweet! I'll have to see if I can attend!

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live in Arizona and will most likely not be able to make it out to the event, are you able to purchase raffle tickets if you're not attending? Or do you have to attend the event to be entered?

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am excited to officially announce our first annual CivicX.com event, scheduled for the weekend of March 30 - April 1 2018 at the Tail of the Dragon. We are calling it "Wake the Dragon" and our host for the weekend will be the Fontana Village Resort located in Fontana Dam, NC. @CTR_Gavin and I are the event coordinators. The CivicX.com administration is helping back the event and we also have event sponsors currently including @KTuner, @procivic, and @ACUITY.

Current events planned include:
  • Scenic drives across the world famous "Tail of the Dragon" at Deals Gap as well as the Cherohala Skyway
  • A car show with awards voted on by attendees. There will be divisions including the 10th gen Honda Civic sedan, coupe, hatchback, and Type R hatchback. There will also be a division for the coolest "party crasher", eligible to attendees that bring a vehicle other than a 10th gen Civic.
  • A catered meal (BBQ themed buffet) with door prizes donated by event sponsors
  • A pool and/or ping pong tournament
-----

As you may would expect, an event such as this is quite expensive to put together. In order to raise funds for the event and reduce individual registration costs I am excited to announce that we are going to raffle off a Ktuner V2 unit, donated by CivicX site and event sponsor @KTuner!

Raffle Details:
  • Ticket sales begin immediately and entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM CST on 9/1/2017.
  • The drawing will be held on Saturday, 9/2/17.
  • Tickets are $5 each. If someone purchase 5 tickets in an individual transaction they will be awarded a bonus ticket. 2 bonus tickets are awarded for a purchase of 10, 3 for 15, ect.
  • All proceeds will go towards event costs
  • The winner of the raffle will be determined via an independent third party, Randompicker.com. This ensures a completely fair and unbiased selection of the winner. A public record listing all details of the raffle will be available afterwards for review. See Randompicker.com for further details.
Tickets can be purchased via PayPal. We have set up a special account to hold event funds, [email protected]. In the payment note field please include "Raffle" and list your CivicX.com username to ensure you receive credit for your tickets. Please choose your amount in increments of $5.00 and you will be awarded tickets based upon the above details. Please do not check the box stating it is for goods or services, PayPal classifies this as a donation and checking that box will deduct transaction fees. PayPal requires an individual's name to be on the account, so please do not be surprised to find my name (Corey) on your receipt.

PayPal Payments Link: https://www.paypal.me/wakethedragon

------

An event registration fee will be set after the raffle once we have determined the total amount of expenses that still need to be covered. While we cannot stop you from showing up even if you have not registered, you will not be able to attend any of the official events, be eligible for door prizes, the car show, ect without registering.

Lodging expenses at the Fontana Village Resort will be the responsibility of the attendees but we have negotiated a special price for the weekend. The price is $113 per night for a room with two queen beds. To receive this special rate please reference "10th Gen Civic Owner's Group". We have reserved a limited number of rooms. Once those are gone it will be first come, first serve for remaining rooms at the resort. If you have never been to Fontana Village I will say it's an awesome place. In addition to "traditional" hotel style rooms they also have various cabins available on the property that can be rented if desired.

Event t-shirts will be available, we will have more information on those at a later date.

I hope I have not forgotten anything. There are lots of moving parts when it comes to putting together an event such as this. Look for all future updates to of course be announced here at CivicX.com. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. We hope to see you all there!
Oh man, I hope I can get that weekend off!

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live in Arizona and will most likely not be able to make it out to the event, are you able to purchase raffle tickets if you're not attending? Or do you have to attend the event to be entered?
The drawing is in about three weeks and is open to everyone regardless of whether they can make the event or not. :thumbsup:

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Raffled. Won't be able to make it to the event though!

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would absolutely love to bring the EM2 out for this. It's 15 hours from where I am, so that's a haul, but that would sure be a great time.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would absolutely love to bring the EM2 out for this. It's 15 hours from where I am, so that's a haul, but that would sure be a great time.
Im 1,850 miles away would be a 29 hour drive for me... haha

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ‘17 Hatch EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely be seeing me there Coming down from PA