Waiting List for 2017 Civic Type R

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I, and perhaps others, are probably responsible for some of the 10-deep lines... as I've mentioned I'm on at least 15+ dealer 'lists' of people to call when they get information etc, and currently hold just 1 deposit, but plan to make 2 more today just to lock it down and take whichever one gets it first. These are all at MSRP btw so nobody can blame me for the ADM!!! :)
I understand YOUR reasoning, but damn. This is exactly what creates the ADM that some of these dealers are asking for. False demand.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I understand YOUR reasoning, but damn. This is exactly what creates the ADM that some of these dealers are asking for. False demand.
True True. In my estimation, I spent the last 3-4 years trying to help create that false demand...just because I thought it would help Honda make the decision to actually bring the TypeR here... I guess it worked?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I think after 2-3 months, dealers will quickly realize that the 10 people on their list, there are only 2-3 people that are actually going to buy the car.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I think after 2-3 months, dealers will quickly realize that the 10 people on their list, there are only 2-3 people that are actually going to buy the car.
Yep exactly. Depending on how long they've been accumulating names and numbers, half of the people on the list don't care anymore.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Yep exactly. Depending on how long they've been accumulating names and numbers, half of the people on the list don't care anymore.

....and another reason I won't be an early buyer. 10 people who are on a list but only 1 actual buyer means they anticipate demand but won't have it. This is a great bargaining tool. :)

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
....and another reason I won't be an early buyer. 10 people who are on a list but only 1 actual buyer means they anticipate demand but won't have it. This is a great bargaining tool. :)
Keep in mind, less demand = Honda decreases supply. Therefore prices will remain steady for what the market wants. Think about it, do you want a car that has terrible resale value or higher resale value?

You should want the CTR to be popular and desirable to buyers and it will command more money down the road. The trade off is the initial purchase will be more costly, but the long term it will cost you less based on a higher resale value.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Keep in mind, less demand = Honda decreases supply. Therefore prices will remain steady for what the market wants. Think about it, do you want a car that has terrible resale value or higher resale value?

You should want the CTR to be popular and desirable to buyers and it will command more money down the road. The trade off is the initial purchase will be more costly, but the long term it will cost you less based on a higher resale value.
I won't be selling unless they come out with something that looks better

PowerOfDreams2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 CRX Si, 1994 Civic EX Sedan, 2016 HRV EX-L, 1998 Civic Hatch DX, 2017 Civic Type R #593
Country flag
For MSRP?
Yeah. He told me that they do not mark up their vehicles due to demand or anything like that. He said "we are not that type of dealership". He's a salesman, so I guess he "had" to say that. The contract we agreed on had and ESTIMATED price of $38k. He said it would be more or less depending on what MSRP is. That was just a ballpark estimate.

SalemTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own: ‘17 PMM CTR, 2013 White Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Yeah. He told me that they do not mark up their vehicles due to demand or anything like that. He said "we are not that type of dealership". He's a salesman, so I guess he "had" to say that. The contract we agreed on had and ESTIMATED price of $38k. He said it would be more or less depending on what MSRP is. That was just a ballpark estimate.
Way to go looks like a good price. lets hope the msrp is 35k. that's what I'm counting on A 3k adm is doable?

PowerOfDreams2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 CRX Si, 1994 Civic EX Sedan, 2016 HRV EX-L, 1998 Civic Hatch DX, 2017 Civic Type R #593
Country flag
Way to go looks like a good price. lets hope the msrp is 35k. that's what I'm counting on A 3k adm is doable?
I hope so. I'd even pay up to 5K ADM if I could afford it. I know that is very stupid and not a good investment, but I've always wanted an old EK9 Type R, but to me, this is better. I still love old Hondas (my 89 CRX Si and 94 Civic EX Sedan) not to mention my previous 96 Civic, and 93 Del Sol. We'll have to see about the payments and I'm sure insurance is going to be outrageous. Maybe all of these people who wont pay above MSRP will pass and leave more R's for us!! lol

SalemTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own: ‘17 PMM CTR, 2013 White Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I hope so. I'd even pay up to 5K ADM if I could afford it. I know that is very stupid and not a good investment, but I've always wanted an old EK9 Type R, but to me, this is better. I still love old Hondas (my 89 CRX Si and 94 Civic EX Sedan) not to mention my previous 96 Civic, and 93 Del Sol. We'll have to see about the payments and I'm sure insurance is going to be outrageous. Maybe all of these people who wont pay above MSRP will pass and leave more R's for us!! lol
Hopefully when you finally sit down to work out the deal they don't start jacking you around? Did they tell you a color?

Hungryhippo96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, E92 M3, 991.2 GT3 (incoming)
Country flag
Have them sign saying they will sell at MSRP. I had the manager sign my deposit slip with all the info (VIN etc) that it was sold at MSRP.