Wait for CTR or place an order on.........right now.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
I don't know about everyone else, but I see nothing wrong with putting down a $500 refundable deposit on one of the hottest Hondas to hit our shores in a very long time. It's an absolute no brainer to me. I may just want the car a lot more then those who are unwilling to think outside the box and take a chance. If the car is as good as we think it will be, it'll be very hard to come by for at least the first year or 2. I can guarantee that anyone who has put a deposit down or at the very least tried to, is not a fly by night Honda enthusiast. Not trying to insult anyone here, just saying it like it is.
Sponsored

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
I would hope that any sizeable deposit someone puts down is a refundable deposit.....When I was asked for a $3K deposit, I didn't even ask if it was refundable (I just ignored the request). Now I'm wondering if it would have been......
I put down a 500 deposit, I've bought lots of cars in the past. Most times the dealer will refund your deposit without any hassles.

I did one time have to call my credit card company to have them refund the money to my account because it was taking to long.

I've never heard of a non refundable deposit. As long as it isn't cash you can call your bank and dispute the charges.

If a dealer ever tried that BS on me I would never go back to them ever again.

Eddie is right with a limited production vehicle like the Type R fortune will not favor those that sit back and wait. If you wait to long you will miss the boat.

Last edited:

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't speak for everyone, but I've made this point several times and some still don't understand. I put down a $500 deposit check (that was not deposited, just held) that put me #1 on the CTR list for FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL. If I decide that I don't want what they get, then I take my check & move on. They also agreed to sell the car at MSRP, if I decide to buy. No brainer indeed, especially when the prize is a CTR.
Sponsored