VitTuned Does It Yet Again -- KTuner Flex Fuel "Stage 2" tune laying it down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Yes sir, 2nd upgrade I did, I bought the FX300 clutch master from @VitViper....his price was the best and I think it still is
Super interested in hearing about the FX300! I read from other users that the FX350 stiffens the clutch feel substantially over stock, and chatters a bit when pulling out in 1st or reverse. Could you give some feedback on the 300?
Sponsored

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP updated with a better explanation of the flex capabilities of KTuner and our Stage tunes.

Graphs to demonstrate this behavior.

Stock vs our Stage 2 tune in "Normal" mode (low boost setting).
lowboost.png

And now Stage 2 in "high boost" (Sport Mode) on E40 fuel vs the "low boost" (normal mode) 92 octane setting.
flex_high.png

This is all one tune -- I just added ethanol to the tank to make E40 and then hit the "sport button" to give it all she's got. No reflashing, no retuning -- the KTuner programmed ECU is doing it all on the fly with our Flex Fuel kit. Allows for a very dynamic driving experience!
Quick question: are these graphs of the SI or of an EX-T? I only ask because there does seem to be some variation between the torque on the Stage 2 92 octane graph shown above (normal, or "low boost" mode) versus the graph shown on the VitTuned Stage 2 Offer page for the SI. Looks like ~280 tq on the 92 octane Stage 2 graph above, versus ~320 tq on the VitTuned Stage 2 Offer graph. Just want to assign appropriate expectations to my various tuning options. Thanks!

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Quick question: are these graphs of the SI or of an EX-T? I only ask because there does seem to be some variation between the torque on the Stage 2 92 octane graph shown above (normal, or "low boost" mode) versus the graph shown on the VitTuned Stage 2 Offer page for the SI. Looks like ~280 tq on the 92 octane Stage 2 graph above, versus ~320 tq on the VitTuned Stage 2 Offer graph. Just want to assign appropriate expectations to my various tuning options. Thanks!
The graphs are of our Si on our Stage 2 flex fuel tune to give people an idea of how the tune & power work -- in "normal" mode on pump gas you get X power and it will scale "up" to the maximum power with ethanol content and whether you're in Sport or Normal, up to the max in the graph ("Y" power).

We no longer have the EX-T, we traded it for the Si.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Random clutch question. Why is the fx350 $30 cheaper than the fx300?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Random clutch question. Why is the fx350 $30 cheaper than the fx300?
Because the Kevlar material costs more ( "as per Clutch Masters" ) :hmm:

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Way I saw it 300 holds less power (not by too much I assume) than the 350 so I figured it would be cheaper. Oh well.

Because the Kevlar material costs more ( "as per Clutch Masters" ) :hmm:

Zerkom122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
We fully support the CVT applications with Flex Fuel options as well. :)
What kind of power can we achieve with Ktuner and Flex fuel? I'm guessing we cant get no where near the amount of torque the Manual can but can we get more HP?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would assume
Awesome. How is the stiffness and engagement relative to stock? Is it a lot stiffer, and does it add any changes to the spring of the pedal (i.e.- a pedal that gives way at the engagement point, clarifying where it is).

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Awesome. How is the stiffness and engagement relative to stock? Is it a lot stiffer, and does it add any changes to the spring of the pedal (i.e.- a pedal that gives way at the engagement point, clarifying where it is).
there was a little chatter in the beginning while the clutch was breaking in in first gear and reverse but it is now since went away. the engagement is solid and so much improvement over the factory clutch. the extra Force to engage and disengage the clutch is unnoticeable

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
there was a little chatter in the beginning while the clutch was breaking in in first gear and reverse but it is now since went away. the engagement is solid and so much improvement over the factory clutch. the extra Force to engage and disengage the clutch is unnoticeable
That's awesome! So just to clarify, you would say that your clutch still feels super light, just like the stock feel? Or does it just feel normal relative to another car that doesn't have a feather light OEM clutch?

Sorry for all the questions, just super excited about the potential of this car!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.