Video: Sneak Peek at the 2016 Honda Civic [TFLcar]

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice. Good to hear the engine sound a bit, though you can tell it's definitely muted for the standard car. I'm sure that'll change for the Si and CTR.

A few things I noted...

- Freaking goose neck hinges... so tired of those things... (oh well, minor complaint)
- Love love love the digital tach/speedo. Can't wait to play with that and see what all it does.
- Those projectors aren't even close to matching the LEDs... gonna have to buy new bulbs as soon as i drive off the lot, can't stand mismatched lights
- Nice thick steering wheel
- Those were the EX-T wheels, not bad... not my favorite design i've seen on the civic so far, but not bad either, wondering if the coupe will have all the same designs.
- From everything multiple sources have hinted at but not outright said (because embargo) the civic seems to finally have all the power, dynamic handling, and character to be top dog in the compact class
- LOVE this car in white.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Hoping the non-tourings get the LED option as well, although I'm not counting on it.

I just dislike the hidden exhaust.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
What a shame to have dual exhaust but then hide it. Why? Split dual exhaust tips looks so sporty.
The real question is why have them at all? Two mufflers is heavier than one and when companies are trying to lightweight as much as possible this doesn't make sense to me... and then they hide them on top of it.:dunno:

tomljc2016

Honda Exterior Designer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara 2004
The real question is why have them at all? Two mufflers is heavier than one and when companies are trying to lightweight as much as possible this doesn't make sense to me... and then they hide them on top of it.:dunno:
A little bit more weight on the bottom lowers the center of gravity of this car , I'd say it's a good thing for a sporty sedan.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Yeah I really see no reason for them to do the dual exhaust and then hide it. I'm almost certain there is not much if any performance benefit, especially since the split is near the rear of the car.

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
The dual exhaust could simply be a sound consideration. When tuning for the right engine and exhaust note that may have been the perfect combo.

My current car has no muffler at all, from the factory. They said they tried and tried to get the sound right and finally decided to try it with no muffler at all and then it was perfect. So I roll with no muffler at all and dual exhaust. Early cars had a fake muffler shield thing welded in there to look like one if someone looked under the car but after a year they did not even bother and cut the weight. Fine my me.

Tamacake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si G8
My doubt is about the CVT.
Honda has declared that is the newest gearbox, but I have not seemed any video showing this.

Toyota has made some improvements in CVT Multidrive.
These improvements have provided much more agility and enjoyment for the drivers.

As you can see the CVT Multidrive allows progressive accelerations - such as manual mode, much different and better than Fit CVT, eg.

Anyone have some detail about this Honda CVT?

Last edited:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I'm pretty sure the red car they were using with said "EX-T" wheels is actually the EXL... Because when they were showing the seats inside, it had leather... The LX has the hubcaps, the EX in my opinion was the silver car we saw with the 2015 CRV non Touring style wheels. That particular model didn't have fogs either. This red one is the EXL with fog lights but no LEDs and the Touring has the 5 spokes and the LEDs. My 0.02.

Don't count on LED headlights being an option. Honda doesn't do options... If it is an 'option' for you, you're buying the part and installing it yourself without instructions because it's technically not an accessory.

Last edited:

jonneyboy25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 civic
Country flag
What a shame to have dual exhaust but then hide it. Why? Split dual exhaust tips looks so sporty.
I'm wondering if the Si sedan will have the same 1.5T but tuned to produce more hp and have different rear bumper showing the dual pipes?

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
I'm wondering if the Si sedan will have the same 1.5T but tuned to produce more hp and have different rear bumper showing the dual pipes?
It better show some dual pipes. It'd be one strange looking 'performance' model if it looked like an exhaust-less electric car from the back!
Sponsored