Used 2017 Civic Sis Already For Sale

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
While some buyers still haven't received their new Civic Sis they've been waiting on, others have already began and ended their time with one.

As of this post, there are 14 used 2017 Civic Si's listed for sale on Cars.com. Most have several hundred to a few thousand miles, but there are two that might be considered "high mileage" at this point - a silver sedan with 6,000 miles (private seller asking $32,500 - they must have been drinking the Type R Kool-Aid!) and a green coupe with 7,600 miles (Honda dealer) in three months.

Part of the dealer's description for the green coupe reads, "Only 7,636 miles which is low for a 2017!" Not when you consider the fact that the car was only owned for 90 days - that's 30,000 miles a year! Someone did some driving.

Did those belong to anyone here?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I imagine we'll see quite a few more as owners migrate to the CTR and Accord Sport 2.0T. Just a hunch... ;)

rezlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag
I imagine we'll see quite a few more as owners migrate to the CTR and Accord Sport 2.0T. Just a hunch... ;)
I bought a 2017 Si. It is a very good car, but it could have been incredible. I am a bit bothered they put a 2.0t in the Accord but not the Civic. Why do I have to buy a car that weighs 300 pounds more to get the larger motor? My suspicion is that Honda will pull all the good parts together in an upcoming Integra - 2.0 turbo, VTEC, 6-speed manual or 8-speed DCT, leather, etc. Of course it will probably cost $30k, but it would be put up a fair fight with the GTI and Subaru.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Remember the CRZ? Honda does some strange things...

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I bought a 2017 Si. It is a very good car, but it could have been incredible. I am a bit bothered they put a 2.0t in the Accord but not the Civic. Why do I have to buy a car that weighs 300 pounds more to get the larger motor? My suspicion is that Honda will pull all the good parts together in an upcoming Integra - 2.0 turbo, VTEC, 6-speed manual or 8-speed DCT, leather, etc. Of course it will probably cost $30k, but it would be put up a fair fight with the GTI and Subaru.
It's normal you have the 1.5T . Last Si has the base accord engine not the V6. That 2.0T is the replacement for V6. 1.5T for the 2.4. It all matched up. I wish you had the 2.0T that means my CTR gonna have something like a 3.0T .

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
I've seen quite a handful for sale for a while. I've been keeping a close eye on them, as I would consider a cheaper used one to modify to where I want it's performance to be - but I will not buy a NEW one and modify it. I've already played that game with the Evo, and hence why I'm so critical of the 2017 Si. Buying a new one and modifying it just closes the gap with the TypeR.

And before anyone says it in response, you can buy a TypeR at MSRP if you look and wait long enough. The supply will always outweight demand for a TypeR and the dealership pricing expectations will eventually go back down. The market for ~35k-40k performance trim econoboxes has always been a niche - it doesn't matter how good the TypeR is, it is still a ~35k Civic.

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Have they put out pricing yet for the Accord 2.0? Will be very interesting to see the extra charge for the larger engine.

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
May be the same engine but it won't be as powerful. Bet it will get great gas mileage tho!

Jerry559

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si, 2013 accord sport, 2011 silverado
I myself have thought about getting rid of my SI. Purchased in June and have 2500 miles, i purchased it to commute to work, 2 months later i got a new job where i have a company vehicle. Been going back and forth if i should sell or not, feel like its not worth to be paying to just have it sit, but also if i sell i fell like Id lose way too much

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I myself have thought about getting rid of my SI. Purchased in June and have 2500 miles, i purchased it to commute to work, 2 months later i got a new job where i have a company vehicle. Been going back and forth if i should sell or not, feel like its not worth to be paying to just have it sit, but also if i sell i fell like Id lose way too much
This has me curious and reminds me what Doug on Jalopnik does...

If I find some time this weekend, I'll take my '17 Si up to CarMax and see what they'll give me for it. It's got 2500 miles and obviously is still in "like new" condition.

Emig5m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe / 2004 Ford Lightning
Country flag
Mine is sitting on the thin line of being traded in so mine could also be another used one sitting on someone's lot (currently just broke 3000 miles). I might wait until spring though as the winter is the slow season for my work and I know I'm going to get reamed with the deprecation hit with the car being so new. I actually have no idea what I would get for it or how bad the trade in would be since blue book and NADA currently don't have any used values for the 2017 SI model. But it is what it is...

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine is sitting on the thin line of being traded in so mine could also be another used one sitting on someone's lot (currently just broke 3000 miles). I might wait until spring though as the winter is the slow season for my work and I know I'm going to get reamed with the deprecation hit with the car being so new. I actually have no idea what I would get for it or how bad the trade in would be since blue book and NADA currently don't have any used values for the 2017 SI model. But it is what it is...
If you want to trade it for a 2004 Civic EX, I can promise it'll go to a Honda fanboy/engineering student who will take meticulous care of it and love it unconditionally for what it is! ;)

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
What's the issue?

kingbudd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si, 1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT, 2016 Infiniti Q50, 2017 Cadillac XT5, and 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What I noticed was at least three of those listed are in the Katy/Houston area. That alone makes me a little worried about the longevity of these vehicles. Flood damage doesn't always happen right away, it could be months before all of the electronic problems begin.

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Looks like Accord Sport is going to be close to 30k (but slightly more options.) That is a lot more money for the 2.0t engine.
Sponsored