USB port doesn't work

flvfiles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I have a problem, USB port in the console compartment doesn't work with any flash drive, only works for charge, but does not play any file audio, is it normal or is a issue?
Sponsored

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I have a problem, USB port in the console compartment doesn't work with any flash drive, only works for charge, but does not play any file audio, is it normal or is a issue?
What format are the audio files in?

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Does the display indicate that there is a USB device connected? Does the drive work in the front USB? The manual indicates the console USB should play the files.

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Also make sure the USB flash drive is formatted in FAT32 format and not NTFS or anything else!

Have you tried multiple flash drive to see if it is just THAT drive, or if it is the USB port?

OP
OP

flvfiles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Does the display indicate that there is a USB device connected? Does the drive work in the front USB? The manual indicates the console USB should play the files.
Drive works in front USB, but in console doesn't, the display indicate that there isn't any device connected

OP
OP

flvfiles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Also make sure the USB flash drive is formatted in FAT32 format and not NTFS or anything else!

Have you tried multiple flash drive to see if it is just THAT drive, or if it is the USB port?
It is! I even tried with 4 USB flash drives 2 formatted in FAT32 and 2 formatted in NTFS and still does not work :(

Last edited:

Rev_Goliath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2016 Pilot EX-L
I think so! thank you
I had the same problem. For some reason the drive won't mount on it's own so here is the fix. Select SETTINGS, SYSTEM, scroll to the bottom to select DETAIL INFORMATION. Scroll down to select STORAGE. Scroll down to see the three possible USB storage locations. I believe 1 & 2 are the ones accessible to us in the cabin. The USB port that has your drive connected to it will give you the option to MOUNT USB STORAGE. Select this and voila you are in business. It is frustrating why the drive won't mount itself though.

Florida_Frank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L; 2014 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
You're talking about the one below the cup holder, right? Does the one that is up-front ahead of the shift lever work?

YibbleY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX Turbo - Cosmic Blue
I had the same problem. For some reason the drive won't mount on it's own so here is the fix. Select SETTINGS, SYSTEM, scroll to the bottom to select DETAIL INFORMATION. Scroll down to select STORAGE. Scroll down to see the three possible USB storage locations. I believe 1 & 2 are the ones accessible to us in the cabin. The USB port that has your drive connected to it will give you the option to MOUNT USB STORAGE. Select this and voila you are in business. It is frustrating why the drive won't mount itself though.
I tried this but it won't mount. It does acknowledge the presence of my flash drive (which also lights up to indicate it's connected) but went I push 'mount', there's a short delay and nothing happens. Thoughts?

dobdob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX Turbo 2016
I think HondaMan put the finger on it. This has to do with the formatting.

I had a USB stick formatted in FAT and it played just fine, but it only allowed me a couple hundred files. I wanted more songs, so I formatted it in NTSC. Afterwards, the stick was not recognized anymore.

Third time's a charm, in FAT32 format! I could put as many files (songs) to fill up 4 gigs and the USB stick started to play immediately from the cup holder port!

Hope you got your prob fixed.

sk5878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
i have to mount mine every time i start my car and it's a major hassle going thru multiple menu levels.