US and Canadian Specs Compared

CdnCvx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX MSM
There has been interest on this site re: the differences between US and Canadian specs. Honda Canada has recently updated their 2016 Civic specifications page. While it doesn't align perfectly to the corresponding US page, I was able to put together the attached comparison file.

In the file I have taken the US specifications table and manually added the columns for Canadian trims. Note that Canada has a low-end DX model but does not have the higher-end EX-L. I have had to take a few guesses for some items, but overall the file should give a good idea of the differences between all the trims.

Also, here are the links to the US and Canadian specs pages that I worked from:

US:

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-sedan/specifications.aspx

Canada:

http://www.honda.ca/civic_sedan/specs
Sponsored

Attachments

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Hmmm... The CDN LX and EX are not significantly different.

thomasok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Black Honda Accord EX-L, 2003 Blue Honda Accord EX-L
Cool charts, thanks for all the work. You did leave out one spec: retail price!

I wonder why the Canadian cars all appear to be a bit heavier than the US versions? It's even true on the Touring which have identical equipment.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Canadian vehicles are about $500 more than the US equivalent. Remember, Canadian vehicles have things like larger washer reservoirs and other things that can make them a little heavier.

Civil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic '97 (still running)
Vehicle Showcase
Very useful info. It looks like Canadian LX CVT is pretty much like the US EX, minus the sunroof and minor novelties like push button start, etc. But it comes with heated front seats which only the US EX-T and above has it. I am surprised the Canadian LX does not come with TPMS which is now standard on all cars in the US.

Are you sure about your markings under "Multi-Information Display"? Doesn't seem right.

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
Canadian vehicles are about $500 more than the US equivalent. Remember, Canadian vehicles have things like larger washer reservoirs and other things that can make them a little heavier.
Considering how low the dollar is right now a difference of $500 makes the CivicX one of the best deals out there. Washer reservoir aside...

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
None of the Canadian Civics have TPMS. It isn't mandated by law here so they didn't put it in as a cost cutting measure. Saves me the hassle anyway when I swap wheels in the winter so I don't have to deal with a bloody light.

The car is a good deal considering the low dollar. Our Touring model is essentially $23k USD. Problem is, economy has gone to shit with oil in the high 30s that everyone is too poor to buy a new car.

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
None of the Canadian Civics have TPMS. It isn't mandated by law here so they didn't put it in as a cost cutting measure. Saves me the hassle anyway when I swap wheels in the winter so I don't have to deal with a bloody light.

The car is a good deal considering the low dollar. Our Touring model is essentially $23k USD. Problem is, economy has gone to shit with oil in the high 30s that everyone is too poor to buy a new car.
Not everyone :)

But yes I know. It is a shame. God dam NDP and Liberals. But all will be good in time. Everything always bounces back. Im trying to load up on some oil stocks the last couple of months. Hopefully it will be worth it.

OP
OP
CdnCvx

CdnCvx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX MSM
Very useful info. It looks like Canadian LX CVT is pretty much like the US EX, minus the sunroof and minor novelties like push button start, etc. But it comes with heated front seats which only the US EX-T and above has it. I am surprised the Canadian LX does not come with TPMS which is now standard on all cars in the US.

Are you sure about your markings under "Multi-Information Display"? Doesn't seem right.
The Honda Canada site now has a downloadable spec sheet and brochure. I don't think they were there last time I checked.
  • Link to spec sheet on Honda Canada site:

This spec sheet also the LX with the 7" screen and the "Driver Information Interface". The owner's manual describes the "Driver Information Interface" on page 107 - it looks to me like the digital speedometer/tachometer from the higher trims. :)
  • Link to owner's manual on this site:
  • Screenshot from spec sheet:
Honda Civic 10th gen US and Canadian Specs Compared upload_2015-12-8_18-17-17
  • Screenshot from owner's manual:
Honda Civic 10th gen US and Canadian Specs Compared upload_2015-12-8_18-31-45

Attachments

Civil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic '97 (still running)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the spec sheet CdnCvx. Spec sheet lists all models having the items under "Multi-Information Display". Your list indicates only the Canadian DX and US LX as having them.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Thanks for the spec sheet CdnCvx. Spec sheet lists all models having the items under "Multi-Information Display". Your list indicates only the Canadian DX and US LX as having them.
I think the list refers to the 5 inch screen but the spec sheet refers to the 'function' of said screen. So yes, the 7 inch screen also provides the same and more info than the 5' one.

OP
OP
CdnCvx

CdnCvx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX MSM
I think the list refers to the 5 inch screen but the spec sheet refers to the 'function' of said screen. So yes, the 7 inch screen also provides the same and more info than the 5' one.
The screenshots below are from the owner's manual, matched to pictures of the corresponding displays.

Based on what I am seeing, Canadian DX and US LX have the Information Display on the left (with 5" screen in center console). Other models, including Canadian LX, have the Driver Information Interface on the right (with 7" screen in center console).

Honda Civic 10th gen US and Canadian Specs Compared upload_2015-12-8_20-6-53

Attachments

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
The screenshots below are from the owner's manual, matched to pictures of the corresponding displays.
Based on what I am seeing, Canadian DX and US LX have the Information Display on the left (with 5" screen in center console).
Other models, including Canadian LX, have the Driver Information Interface on the right (with 7" screen in center console).
upload_2015-12-8_20-6-53.png
Canada Content:

I can confirm that my new Canadian LX manual sedan has the "Driver Information Interface" and the 7" Display Audio screen...

I think the simpler Information Display dash is better for a number of reasons:
Sportier (The tach = real needle, faster: see the YouTube video below)
Less Distractions (simpler, less crap to look at... pay attention and drive)

Lower Light Levels (if desired, can go almost Off... you have to be light sensitive and drive in dark places to understand)
Future Proof? The associated separate HVAC / 5" audio will probably allow for future aftermarket audio much more than "DisplayAudio" which will be stuck with

If the Canadian DX had A/C then I might have leaned that way...
who buys a car without A/C? Do they live in igloos ??? ;-)

This is the "Information Display"
Sponsored