Upgraded sub in factory location of Hatchback?

gstrek1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I have a 2017 Hatch Sport Touring. Has anyone installed an aftermarket 8" sub into the car's factory location. I see threads talk about adding a sub but those include enclosure modifications. If you have dropped a new sub into the factory location I'd like to know your experience. Did the sub fit easily, are you happy with it, and how much power are you delivering to the sub.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kwaalude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Modern Steel Metallic Accord 2.0 Touring, 2001 Silverstone Metallic S2000
Vehicle Showcase
nothing huh? i'm curious about this also...

OP
OP
gstrek1

gstrek1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
nothing huh? i'm curious about this also...
Absolutely nothing.

For now, I am installing an amp to provide more power to factory sub. If I am not satisfied, then I will look into upgrading sub and hopefully know a little more by then.

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
I'm interested in this as well.

I'm also considering installing an Alpine KTP-445U behind the stock head unit plus replacing the stock speakers and tweeters. I'm not up to the task of wiring up a four or five channel amp..

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I'm interested in this as well.

I'm also considering installing an Alpine KTP-445U behind the stock head unit plus replacing the stock speakers and tweeters. I'm not up to the task of wiring up a four or five channel amp..
Maybe I have the trim levels wrong, but I thought the Sport Touring already has the 45W x 12 factory amp. The Alpine 45W x 4 would be a waste.

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Possibly. I honestly don't know what my Sport Touring is equipped with audio-wise. I just assumed everything was being "powered" by the HU.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Possibly. I honestly don't know what my Sport Touring is equipped with audio-wise. I just assumed everything was being "powered" by the HU.
I lose track of what each trim comes with :) If it has the 12 speaker system (including center channel speaker and the factory sub) then it has a 45W x 12 amp down behind the passenger kick panel. There's a single digital output from the headunit to that amp, so everyone on here so far who's added an amp(s) has tapped into the signal coming out of that factory amp.
Sponsored