17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
were you offered choice of color?
Hah. Nope. Just a place in line. Actually 2nd in line, so it's like if the guy in front doesn't want the color, I have the option to buy it or wait for a different one. Hoping for Blue, White, Gray, Red, or Black in that order.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
The dealer that I have a deposit with claims they'll be selling at MSRP.
I didn't mean all dealers, just the ones that do, the minimum they will mark up is probably 5k. I have dealers that are claiming MSRP as well. I was responding to the "dealers will mark these type r's a lot" and then "touch 40 grand". If they are being marked up a lot, it will be over 40!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I didn't mean all dealers, just the ones that do, the minimum they will mark up is probably 5k. I have dealers that are claiming MSRP as well. I was responding to the "dealers will mark these type r's a lot" and then "touch 40 grand". If they are being marked up a lot, it will be over 40!
Gotcha. Yeah some will play it cool and some won't. You can pretty much bet if they're marking it up, it won't be a paltry $1000. Heck I'd pay the $1000 if it meant I got in one of the first batch!

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
Dealers are going to mark these type r's a lot! Wouldn't surprise me if the type r's touch 40 grand.
That's contrary to what is being learned in this thread. Almost everybody in there has it staked at MSRP and only a couple paying ADM (the highest being $1250 over). Can you please provide evidence of a single dealer charging $40K?

burntbisquit763

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si FG2 (daily) 1980 Toyota Corolla TE72 (project) 1989 Honda Accord (RIP) 1989 Toyota Supra 1jzgte swapped (sold) 1989 Ford Ranger (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
That's contrary to what is being learned in this thread. Almost everybody in there has it staked at MSRP and only a couple paying ADM (the highest being $1250 over). Can you please provide evidence of a single dealer charging $40K?
Think about it, its the first type r to come to the states since the integra type r back in 2001... dealers are going to feed off that and jack prices, just like the ford focus rs

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
Think about it, its the first type r to come to the states since the integra type r back in 2001... dealers are going to feed off that and jack prices, just like the ford focus rs
You're probably right that there will be dealers who will attempt (and succeed) at charging ADM, but they'll be short-lived and few and far between, given the amount of other dealers that are selling at MSRP.

burntbisquit763

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si FG2 (daily) 1980 Toyota Corolla TE72 (project) 1989 Honda Accord (RIP) 1989 Toyota Supra 1jzgte swapped (sold) 1989 Ford Ranger (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
You're probably right that there will be dealers who will attempt (and succeed) at charging ADM, but they'll be short-lived and few and far between, given the amount of other dealers that are selling at MSRP.
When the rsx type s first came out, dealers were letting them go for 27-28k out the door! Let see what happens
Sponsored