UK Pricing Announced

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Sedan EX - 2014 VFR800F DLX
This will be an interesting wait...

I wonder how it will work for us Canadians. There are a lot of cars up here that are WAY more expensive in relation to your models (US pricing and trims)...and some that are actually doing us a favour.

I know where I'd hope the car to be priced, but it's probably going to be somewhere in the low-mid 40's (CAD). That puts it in some interesting company...
Sponsored

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
Not only was the pricing announced in the UK, but the brochure just landed on my doormat!
:thumbsup:

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Pricing Announced Civic Type R Brochure - Front

Not a great deal of actual information in it (or text at all for that matter), more the same sort of blurb we got accompanying the video at the Nurburgring, but some nice pictures so it's good to have something solid to look at till the car arrives!
:popcorn:

All the pictures are actually of a left hand drive car but there is a little note to reassure us that the UK cars will be rhd. One of the very few bits of technical info confirms it will be 316bhp here (320ps) which is not exactly news. The first page is captioned "A statement of intent" and the last says "Actions speak louder than words". All very mean, moody and magnificent.

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
Not only was the pricing announced in the UK, but the brochure just landed on my doormat!

Civic Type R Brochure - Front.jpeg

Not a great deal of actual information in it (or text at all for that matter), more the same sort of blurb we got accompanying the video at the Nurburgring, but some nice pictures so it's good to have something solid to look at till the car arrives!

All the pictures are actually of a left hand drive car but there is a little note to reassure us that the UK cars will be rhd. One of the very few bits of technical info confirms it will be 316bhp here (320ps) which is not exactly news. The first page is captioned "A statement of intent" and the last says "Actions speak louder than words". All very mean, moody and magnificent.
Looks like RHD to me :dunno:

capitalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR - #1643

Civic Type R Brochure - Front.jpeg

Would love to have one if a U.K. Brother could help... no freebie... can PayPal...

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
Would love to have one if a U.K. Brother could help... no freebie... can PayPal...
If you mean can I send you a brochure in the mail then sadly no, as I only have the one and I'd quite like to hold onto it! I don't know whether the dealers have any more lying about as my dealer sent that one to me in the mail and I'm not likely to be visiting them any time soon as they're not local and there's no reason to go there until nearer the delivery date (which for me is meant to be August/September). I guess it is possible that they may have a few brochures, but I'm not sure how keen they'd be to give me another one as they'll probably want to keep them for potential customers.

I could do some more scans if anyone really wants to see what's in there - as I said there's no new info, no technical specs or anything like that, just some glossy marketing blurb and moody pictures, but let me know if you want it all uploading (it may not happen tonight as it's past 1am here already!). I could maybe knock it up into a PDF rather than lots of separate images, if the site would let me upload it. Does the "Upload a File" button work with PDFs?

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I would think that the only info in there is stuff we already know.
I really don't like the way they have been handling the release of the CTR and SI. Very lame and frustrating. At first it might have worked to build anticipation, after a month of it, I tire of their shenanigans.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
With ADM maybe, But not at MSRP
Correct. Dealerships know what they are going to be getting on there floors. The dealership can make the price tag $45k for example and everyone will bitch and moan but then some guy will show up with $45k and buy it. Is it wrong to jack up the price so much yes. But from a business standpoint it's basic supply and demand.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In Italy the price should be 38000 euro. Not bad, until you add all the taxes and insurance, easily another 5k....
They don't expect to sell many, somebody reported that there are only 80 cars available for the whole country

burntbisquit763

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si FG2 (daily) 1980 Toyota Corolla TE72 (project) 1989 Honda Accord (RIP) 1989 Toyota Supra 1jzgte swapped (sold) 1989 Ford Ranger (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers are going to mark these type r's a lot! Wouldn't surprise me if the type r's touch 40 grand.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Dealers are going to mark these type r's a lot! Wouldn't surprise me if the type r's touch 40 grand.
That's probably the minimum markup that dealers will do (~5k)

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
That's probably the minimum markup that dealers will do (~5k)
The dealer that I have a deposit with claims they'll be selling at MSRP.
Sponsored