Type R Remote Start Install issue

saint365

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Today, I dropped off my CTR to local installer to install Viper 2 way remote start with bluetooth capability.
I've have good experience with this installer for past few year with range rover, and lexus but they were all auto.

Well...today after 3 hours of hard work, they were not able to start the car with remote unless you press clutch...so what is the point....
They have called viper hotline to see if they can locate clutch wire to bypass but viper wasn't helpful.
Tech tried to locate the tap different wires but no luck.
Does anyone have any luck locating correct wire to bypass the clutch to remote star to work on our car?

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today, I dropped off my CTR to local installer to install Viper 2 way remote start with bluetooth capability.
I've have good experience with this installer for past few year with range rover, and lexus but they were all auto.

Well...today after 3 hours of hard work, they were not able to start the car with remote unless you press clutch...so what is the point....
They have called viper hotline to see if they can locate clutch wire to bypass but viper wasn't helpful.
Tech tried to locate the tap different wires but no luck.
Does anyone have any luck locating correct wire to bypass the clutch to remote star to work on our car?

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
The clutch wire is required, if they did not wire it in the starter never had a chance. Look up the instructions for a Fortin remote start sytem for a 2016+ 6MT Civic. Your answer will very likely be found there, assuming the wire for the R is the same as the rest of 10th gens.

OP
OP
saint365

saint365

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
The clutch wire is required, if they did not wire it in the starter never had a chance. Look up the instructions for a Fortin remote start sytem for a 2016+ 6MT Civic. Your answer will very likely be found there, assuming the wire for the R is the same as the rest of 10th gens.
Thank you for the info. I will forward this info to installer.

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
I’ve never heard of any type of auto start working on a manual transmission car. Good luck with your quest.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve never heard of any type of auto start working on a manual transmission car. Good luck with your quest.
Works fine on mine. :) You just have to simulate a depressed clutch (via the clutch sensor) or it's not going to start. There is a safety mechanism in place that makes sure you turn the car off with the shifter in the neutral position to avoid any surprises on start-up.

OP
OP
saint365

saint365

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Works fine on mine. :) You just have to simulate a depressed clutch (via the clutch sensor) or it's not going to start. There is a safety mechanism in place that makes sure you turn the car off with the shifter in the neutral position to avoid any surprises on start-up.
Finally installed yesterday, Once I remote start, for next remote start process, I need to engage ebrake on while car is on then step on brake, then ebrake off, ebrake on, then foot off the brake, get off the car while car is on then press the remote start button to turn off the ignition. They said something about reservation mode...very troublesome due to security measures. But it works lol

Which brand did you get? mine was viper DS40 with bluetooth enabled.

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally installed yesterday, Once I remote start, for next remote start process, I need to engage ebrake on while car is at ignition then step on brake, then ebrake off, ebrake on, then foot off the brake, get off the car while iginition on then press the remote start button to turn off the ignition. They said something about reservation mode...very troublesome due to security measures. But it works lol

Dang, that is a lot of steps. All I have to do (before turning the car off) is to engage the e-brake while holding the brake pedal down and then release the brake pedal. Mine is a Fortin Evo One system.

Vinsmoke

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Finally installed yesterday, Once I remote start, for next remote start process, I need to engage ebrake on while car is on then step on brake, then ebrake off, ebrake on, then foot off the brake, get off the car while car is on then press the remote start button to turn off the ignition. They said something about reservation mode...very troublesome due to security measures. But it works lol

Do You know if it works with any remote start systems? I brought my car to a professional shop and they installed both a remote start/security system. When it was time to go pick up the car they weren't done yet. Everything was installed and back together but they couldn't get the car to start with the remote start function. They said you can go in the car and press the clutch and hit the remote start and it starts. But when they try to perform the reservation mode nothing happens. I had to leave the car in the shop on Saturday and pick it up Monday afternoon because the tech line for the brand closes early on Saturday and they were back in on Monday. So when I went to pick it up, they said they couldnt find the problem. They were saying that the immobilizer for the key wouldn't start because it didn't detect the key(something along those line). Even the tech support didn't know either. So they removed everything and didn't charge me for anything. The remote start/security brand is compustar.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do You know if it works with any remote start systems? I brought my car to a professional shop and they installed both a remote start/security system. When it was time to go pick up the car they weren't done yet. Everything was installed and back together but they couldn't get the car to start with the remote start function. They said you can go in the car and press the clutch and hit the remote start and it starts. But when they try to perform the reservation mode nothing happens. I had to leave the car in the shop on Saturday and pick it up Monday afternoon because the tech line for the brand closes early on Saturday and they were back in on Monday. So when I went to pick it up, they said they couldnt find the problem. They were saying that the immobilizer for the key wouldn't start because it didn't detect the key(something along those line). Even the tech support didn't know either. So they removed everything and didn't charge me for anything. The remote start/security brand is compustar.
Any idea what model they were trying to install? You need one that specifically supports manual transmissions, because a clutch press has to be simulated for the car to start.

Vinsmoke

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Any idea what model they were trying to install? You need one that specifically supports manual transmissions, because a clutch press has to be simulated for the car to start.
Yes, it was the top model, the compustar "pro t11". It's compatible with push to start, manual transmission and has an option for turbo timer. I did many research and watched many videos about the model and that was the one I liked most.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, it was the top model, the compustar "pro t11". It's compatible with push to start, manual transmission and has an option for turbo timer. I did many research and watched many videos about the model and that was the one I liked most.
If it started when they manually pressed the clutch it had to have something to do with that. Possibly the wrong kind of pulse or something. Maybe @saint365 can elaborate on what exactly solved his issue.

KingsR1213

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I just had the Pro T11 installed as well, they couldn't complete remote start. Firmware is not out yet for our cars and is being developed, Idatalink supplies the firmware for Compustar Pro T11. Should be available soon, then we just need to flash the brain and it should be good.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
How do they bypass the keyfob security check? Normally the keyfob has to be inside the car in order to be able to start the engine.
Sponsored