Country flag
So why is everyone freaking out then? lol

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
there are tons of civic hb on the lot not being sold collecting dust. They should just ramp up the type r production to meet demand imo. Sell the cars while they're hot.

OP
OP
gtolio

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
there are tons of civic hb on the lot not being sold collecting dust. They should just ramp up the type r production to meet demand imo. Sell the cars while they're hot.
That seems like what is happening according to the article. Honda isn't stupid. They're going to do what ever they can to capitalize on the demand while it's hot.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
its been nearly a month, still haven't gotten the 2nd shipment. I know they're coming by boat but its slowwwwwww.

OP
OP
gtolio

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
its been nearly a month, still haven't gotten the 2nd shipment. I know they're coming by boat but its slowwwwwww.
That's normal for ocean freight. UK to Maryland probably. 3-4 weeks normally by the time it makes all stops.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
So why is everyone freaking out then? lol
Dealers spreading misinformation in hopes of justifying ADM pricing. Honda will build as many as they can sell over the model run of this generation Civic. All cars like this have shortages initially and within a year or so you start seeing cars sitting on lots as production catches up and surpasses demand. Believe it or not there's a finite amount of people willing to spend $36k on a Civic. Integra Type R's sold quickly when first introduced to north america but collected dust on dealer lots in the last two years of that model run.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
i think alot of the fanboys justify ADM not knowing how a car market works. Some people truely believe that this car will never go down in value like its made out of kanye's shits.

Mayberrymojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Si
Dealers spreading misinformation in hopes of justifying ADM pricing. Honda will build as many as they can sell over the model run of this generation Civic. All cars like this have shortages initially and within a year or so you start seeing cars sitting on lots as production catches up and surpasses demand. Believe it or not there's a finite amount of people willing to spend $36k on a Civic. Integra Type R's sold quickly when first introduced to north america but collected dust on dealer lots in the last two years of that model run.
This is so true. All my local dealers keep saying "limited production" and "we don't even know if we will get another one". They are full of crap. I was 1st at a local dealer and when it was time to sign the papers they changed the deal on me and I walked out. They ended up selling to some Doctor in Hawaii and shipping it over there. This car is the definition of want for me, not a need, and a year from now no one will know or care that I was one of the first in my State to get one. Not worth ADM and I'm glad to see this info spreading.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
That's normal for ocean freight. UK to Maryland probably. 3-4 weeks normally by the time it makes all stops.
Nah man it's like 5-8 days max. Boat occasionally leaves England to go East to Germany, for 36 hours, then west to Baltimore. I think it's 3-4 days on the high seas, then at the dock to unload Honda, Jaguar, Mercedes, etc.
I'm planning to make another run down to the port at Baltimore and see how the lot with TypeR's looks, and see if they're unloading any off the ship.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Type-R Production Numbers upload_2017-7-14_16-51-58

Green Highway is located at the big green marker off the coast of France near Calais.
Looks like Green Highway is 'fixin' to pull into the port and load up...something. Hopefully some R's are on there!

I'll be tracking this ship. When we figure out it's pulling into Baltimore, I'll arrange a morning trip to check it out!

Orion Highway is off the coast of Portugal heading North, but I can't see where it is headed without paying.

OP
OP
gtolio

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome!

Yeah, I manage a lot of container (and air) shipments for my job, but we go through a freight forwarder (DSV). Obviously we don't have anywhere near the pull that a large company like Honda has, so we're on container ships making a million stops before they get to our ports. We usually have significant inland freight at both origin and destination which eat up time as well, along with customs clearance... I always plan at least 3-4 weeks. UK makes a difference too since it's usually the last stop before leaving Europe.

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag