Type R PDI

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
Thanks ruckus , that's great info to have !! lol I took screen shots on my iPhone , just so I can check on these things, as I take delivery

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
I would want dealer to leave interior steering wheel and seat covers on... and no front license plate or dealer stickers

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Did I miss something or was there no actual driving in that document? Meaning the cars should effectively have the SAME mileage at pickup time as they did coming off the truck.

Rouleau15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic si
Did I miss something or was there no actual driving in that document? Meaning the cars should effectively have the SAME mileage at pickup time as they did coming off the truck.
That is a service bulletin showing things that need to be done in addition to the regular pdi process. That is not the full pdi process.

OP
OP
Ruckus

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
That is a service bulletin showing things that need to be done in addition to the regular pdi process. That is not the full pdi process.
this exactly. we have a separate booklet we must fill put, a checklist if you will. which includes test driving the vehicle.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Ah, ok! That's a bummer it'd be great if Honda was telling dealers not to drive the damn things.

OP
OP
Ruckus

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah, ok! That's a bummer it'd be great if Honda was telling dealers not to drive the damn things.
we have to drive them a little bit and make sure there is nothing wrong. obviously a car like this needs to be handled professionally though. and if requested the buyer should be allowed to join the tech on the test drive

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
and if requested the buyer should be allowed to join the tech on the test drive
Hmmm...this conflicts with what another member said about PDI. I guess I'll just ask my dealer when the time gets closer.

PDI = Pre-Delivery Inspection

Since the PDI cannot be performed prior to delivery to the dealer, it must be performed prior to delivery the customer.

The PDI can be performed any time prior to the time the vehicle is delivered to the customer.

There are two sets of checklists on the PDI form:

1) A longer checklist (which includes a road test) that should be perfomed after the vehicle is delivered to the dealer, but before it is delivered to the customer and

2) A shorter checklist that should be performed at delivery to the customer which includes such items as cleaning, removing plastic, and checking tire pressure.

Typically, dealers will do the first one as soon as the vehicle is delivered to them then the second one after the vehicles is purchased and just before the customer takes possession.

Dealers may be reluctant or even refuse to delay the portion of the PDI that includes a road test. Why? They need time to fix any problems and want to get reimbursement from Honda as soon as possible.

OP
OP
Ruckus

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hmmm...this conflicts with what another member said about PDI. I guess I'll just ask my dealer when the time gets closer.
the test drive is only a small portion of the pdi my friend. there is plenty i can do while the vehicle is just sitting on the hoist. if the customer requested to ride along during the pdi test drive i would have no issues.
Sponsored