Type R Owner's Manual and Guide are available

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
I was wondering about this as well, anyone have info?
There is absolutely no way this is an oversight since failing to specify needed break-in driving limitations would be enormously costly for Honda (warranty claims out the wazoo). So great news - you can drive this baby hard right from the get-go!
Sponsored

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Nothing about proper break-in period or did I just miss it?
I was wondering about this as well, anyone have info?
Nothing about breaking in for the FK2R either. So, Honda says just drive to the next oil change at 12k miles or so.
There is absolutely no way this is an oversight since failing to specify needed break-in driving limitations would be enormously costly for Honda (warranty claims out the wazoo). So great news - you can drive this baby hard right from the get-go!
Owner's Manual, page 443 & Owner's Guide, page 93

During the first 600 miles (1,000 km) of operation, avoid sudden acceleration or full throttle operation so as not to damage the engine or powertrain.

Avoid hard braking for the first 200 miles (300 km). You should also follow this when the brake pads are replaced.

CTR557

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Touring Sport, Civic Hatchback Type R, Honda S2000
Country flag
Little disappointed the CTR doesn't have oil temp and oil pressure digital gauges.
I didn't see anyone reply to your statement so I figured I'd offer you a confirmation. The Type R has a digital gauge setting that allows you to see the temp and pressure. Quite a bit of valuable information provided by the digital gauges.

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
I didn't see anyone reply to your statement so I figured I'd offer you a confirmation. The Type R has a digital gauge setting that allows you to see the temp and pressure. Quite a bit of valuable information provided by the digital gauges.
Oil temperature on the USA version too?

CTR557

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oil temperature on the USA version too?
Let me confim that. I only went off of what the saleman ran through with me before driving off the lot. The manual seems to contradict what the dealer stated before I left.

CTR557

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
^ Sorry, you got played by your sales guy - nothing in the manual on this and it would be there.
I wouldn't go that far and say I got played. We were walking though the options and one looked to him like it could be oil pressure and temp so I said yep and moved on. Technically the fault is on me, I should have confirmed before replying, my apologies to the group.

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
I wouldn't go that far and say I got played. We were walking though the options and one looked to him like it could be oil pressure and temp so I said yep and moved on. Technically the fault is on me, I should have confirmed before replying, my apologies to the group.
Now the European version has a oil level sensor in the oil pan. The sensor also will tell you the oil temperature. The US edition does not have the sensor.

CTR557

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Now the European version has a oil level sensor in the oil pan. The sensor also will tell you the oil temperature. The US edition does not have the sensor.
I wonder if this sensor is something that we can add on? Unless there is a US law that states stock cars cannot have this option; I just don't get why it wouldn't be available here. Interesting indeed... A wider customizable gauge option would have been a great add on to this car.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Is this sensor visible in the US parts catalog?