Type R Drag & roll races its hatchback brothers!!

BlackStud525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L 9th gen
Country flag

Probably the first video on YouTube showing the Type R drag / roll racing its hatchback brothers in England thanks to " Carwow ". I wish they had done more races to get a more times and closer competitors such as an evo, sti, 370z or other cars that are in the 35-42k price range. What do you guys think about how the Type R performed??
Sponsored

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
As expected. It would murder the competition on a roll race. I had being saying that way before the CTR was released.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
As expected. It would murder the competition on a roll race. I had being saying that way before the CTR was released.
How does that first few seconds make that significant of a difference. I don't know shit about cars.

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EF9 DC2 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not the Audi
Totally killed the Civic.

Clearly the RS3 is the winner and costs 20,000 more than the Civic. Would like to see an RS3 drag race a GT350R or Hellcat Demon.

OP
OP

BlackStud525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L 9th gen
Country flag

Clearly the RS3 is the winner and costs 20,000 more than the Civic. Would like to see an RS3 drag race a GT350R or Hellcat Demon.
Im sure he was comparing it to the Golf R and Focus RS, shoulda been a sti, evo, 370z to make it more fair. The mercedes and audi are in a different class.

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EF9 DC2 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im sure he was comparing it to the Golf R and Focus RS, shoulda been a sti, evo, 370z to make it more fair. The mercedes and audi are in a different class.

Did you see how boring that drag race was though? He literally does nothing but hold the steering wheel and looks around laughing at the competition. Drag racing can be so boring nowadays.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag

Costs the same as a civic Type R with ADM lmao

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
We just sold 2 rs3 at our dealer, 67k and 70k ... double the price of an r. We dont get hatch rs3 here only sedan

Daa1216

@danilo.turbo
First Name
Danilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
I dont think it would be fair they should all be manual. Also this is a FWD car vs all AWD cars is the R really that much over it's own class that the only closest competition is AWD cars? That's pretty awesome if you ask me. Now they should take all these cars on a track or circuit bet you the R would be one of the best if not the best out of the bunch!

OP
OP

BlackStud525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L 9th gen
Country flag
Did you see how boring that drag race was though? He literally does nothing but hold the steering wheel and looks around laughing at the competition. Drag racing can be so boring nowadays.
yea maybe to you, but the majority of people who buy cars is that 0-60 or quarter mile lmao!!

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 V6 6 SPEED COUPE ACCORD
how about bmw x1 2015 x35i

25k car with 2k mods ,
370HP/400 TQ

heheh
RS3 would still win however i have a feeling it would destroy the rest of the lineup

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
Drag racing IS boring unless you are sub-10s. The greatest part about this is that the Type-R is most likely the fastest of all of these cars around a circuit, including the RS3, despite it being double the price.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
We just sold 2 rs3 at our dealer, 67k and 70k ... double the price of an r. We dont get hatch rs3 here only sedan
I love the car from a tuning perspective due its 5 cyl.engine, APR had a kit for the older 5 cyl. in excess of 600 hp. BTH I think the 4 cyl. one found on the S3/Golf R is a better bang for the buck on the used market. Specially now with hybrid turbos touching 550+ hp. not far away from a heavier RS3.

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag

Probably the first video on YouTube showing the Type R drag / roll racing its hatchback brothers in England thanks to " Carwow ". I wish they had done more races to get a more times and closer competitors such as an evo, sti, 370z or other cars that are in the 35-42k price range. What do you guys think about how the Type R performed??
I don't think the guy driving the ctr turn off traction control all the way, he prolly just turned off vsa the type r is around a mid 13 sec car stock not 14. I know this cause once i found out how to shut off vsa and tc my pulls is way different.
Sponsored