Type R Development Team Promo Video

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I want to remind you Honda North America had a significant impact on the development of this caR. -and the rest of the Civic line up. oh, and the new NSX.

-but you may have a point. lol

I'm still buying one. :)
Sponsored

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
I haven't, no. I watched it a couple of times and thought...well....nothing new. Except a crack in the mirror. I about flipped my shit. Completely lost it. Global car = made in china piece of shit. I bet the metal on the body is paper thin, too. Actually, it's probably why they wrapped the car...to keep it all held together.

*catch my sarcasm*
Has anyone else noticed the over-flexability of the 10th Gen hood? Every time this winter when I wiped snow off the hood (which was 3 times at about 8-12 inches each time) it would buckle. Never any dent or damage or anything, but it was a new experience for me and the first time it pushed in I definitely had an "oh shit" moment.
Granted yes that's a good amount of snow and weight, but no other vehicle i've owned did this.
I'm assuming it just has a more aggressive crumple zone than my previous cars, and i'm okay with that.

I want to remind you Honda North America had a significant impact on the development of this caR. -and the rest of the Civic line up. oh, and the new NSX.

-but you may have a point. lol

I'm still buying one. :)
Great now i'm going to spend the next 2 hours drooling over the NSX again and crying that i'll never drive one lol.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
In all seriousness, I can completely believe that the hood flexes. With the regulations in place, auto manufactures are forced to look for every way possible to reduce weight to increase MPG while retaining safety compliance. It's a very fine balance.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I wonder if the hood will be made of aluminum to keep the weight down, like it was for the S2000. How was it for the FK2, and the CTRs before that?

Last edited:

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
In all seriousness, I can completely believe that the hood flexes. With the regulations in place, auto manufactures are forced to look for every way possible to reduce weight to increase MPG while retaining safety compliance. It's a very fine balance.
Makes sense. I mean i'm not saying it feels cheap by any means. It pops right back no problem and if anything I feel like it being flexible may not hold a damage dent like a more solid form factor would.
It still blows my mind that I have a full four door car that exceeds the MPG of my '04 RSX that already had a crazy MPG number for it's year.
Getting 32MPG mixed back in 2004 was definitely impressive even for a light hatchback. I've noticed the walls and pillars are thinner on newer cars too compared to previous. Everything is thinner, yet more flexible and in some ways stronger. Amazing where technology comes in year by year to reduce weight and increase performance without ruining safety or quality.

michiflores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know if the rims will be available for purchase? If not then has anyone seen anything pretty similar?

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Does anyone know if the rims will be available for purchase? If not then has anyone seen anything pretty similar?
oh ya i would imagine once the car is in the marketplace, expect the wheels to be able to purchase at the dealer. some will most likely take some damage so replacements will need to be avail. don't think they will be cheap tho

michiflores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
oh ya i would imagine once the car is in the marketplace, expect the wheels to be able to purchase at the dealer. some will most likely take some damage so replacements will need to be avail. don't think they will be cheap tho
Those are 20's too aren't they?
I'm talking myself out of trading in, but the Type-R looks amazing.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Those are 20's too aren't they?
I'm talking myself out of trading in, but the Type-R looks amazing.
yup there confirmed now to be a 20'' rim. it definitely has an amazing look to it! you certainly won't be the only one with that dilema

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
If you want the Type R rims with brand new dealer mileage at purchase mileage on them I'll send them to you the second I receive the car :D could be as soon as the car actually arrives if my dealer gets the color I put money down on

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
If you want the Type R rims with brand new dealer mileage at purchase mileage on them I'll send them to you the second I receive the car :D could be as soon as the car actually arrives if my dealer gets the color I put money down on
I call dibs @bobafettm unless you want A markup lol

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Haha no mark up! I'll sell them rather cheap more so the cost of the tires new and the rims would be just a couple hundred. I just need to cover some of the expense for some TE37.

I think $1200 (gonna see what Honda values the rims but I'm thinking this is fair for all) for them with whatever miles come from the factory and backing off the trailer.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Does the normal civic hatch have 5x120 also?

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah that's the issue trying to sell this massive 20" rims... I believe it's only the SUV with these bolt patterns!
Sponsored