Tweeter Buzzing

rexapollo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Has anyone (especially if you have a touring) experienced any buzzing from your front tweeters. My driver's side tweeter has buzzed from almost day 1. I have taken to the dealership and they told me to turn down the bass. That hasn't really fixed it. The speaker isn't buzzing due to signal or sound quality, it is more like its hitting something or its loose. It does not have to be turned up to high volume to get it buzz either.
Sponsored

Clear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Yep, just started getting that problem today in my EX-T. Those speaker drivers are blown. If you haven't been hard or loud on them, since you said it has been that way since day one, it's most likely that someone test driving the car cranked the speakers all the way up to see how good they are and blew them out then. I've been pretty light on them and hadn't noticed a problem, but I put a bunch of new electronic music on my iPhone recently, and I wanted to play it at the same level as I do on my studio headphones and my old car's aftermarket speakers; I guess they just couldn't handle that (plus the EQ is way out of balance between different audio sources).

You'll need to get them replaced, and if the dealer won't replace them and it bothers you enough, you could replace them yourself with some from Crutchfield, though that might cause warranty problems (best to ask the dealership if it'll do that first). I might just forego the dealer and throw something good in.