Which one would you choose??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimbo85281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
So, I'm in a bit of a quandary and I wanted to see what you folks think. I'm a potential first Honda owner, who has been looking at the 2016 Civic sedan.

I was absolutely set on a white car with black interior. It turns out the LX isn't offered in that combo, so it was only the higher trims for me. The problem is, Sensing is not offered very often on the EX and EX-T models and the Touring is out of my price range.

So right now I have a deposit in on an EX-T in white with black cloth. It's an awesome combo, but I can't help but think I'm going to miss the Sense features.

My only other option is to go with an EX 2.0 in Modern Steel Metallic which DOES have HS and is marginally cheaper, at $22,850 vs $23,035 on the EX-T.

Now bear in mind that I use cruise control on my current car every time I'm on the freeway. It seems like the technology that the package offers is an absolute steal, and I would absolutely get it on the EX-T for the extra $1000, but they're almost impossible to find. (I need the car by next week so ordering is not an option.)

What do you guys think???? The decision literally kept me up last night because there are huge positives to both sides!
Sponsored

Last edited:

MisterEnigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I can't comment on Sensing since I went with EX-T. I'm still skeptical about the whole sense, and not fond of the idea of the computer suddenly taking over whether it's to brake or keep me in lane. It could come in handy but for me, the Turbo is far more important.

Also, in NYC, where winters can be quite cold, the heated seat is much welcome.

OP
OP

jimbo85281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
I can't comment on Sensing since I went with EX-T. I'm still skeptical about the whole sense, and not fond of the idea of the computer suddenly taking over whether it's to brake or keep me in lane. It could come in handy but for me, the Turbo is far more important.

Also, in NYC, where winters can be quite cold, the heated seat is much welcome.

Needless to say the heated seats aren't a big issue for me in San Antonio. But that turbo is!!

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
What about a ext plus HS you will have best of both worlds for a 1000.00 more. If you cant swing that I would get the color combo you want. White on black is sexy. Every time I see MSM it looks to have a purple tint to it.

Go to www.cars.com
Put zip code with a 50 to 75 mile radius
Click white exterior
Click.black. interior
Click model ext and look for the price of 24,035

Good luck...

OP
OP

jimbo85281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
What about a ext plus HS you will have best of both worlds for a 1000.00 more. If you cant swing that I would get the color combo you want. White on black is sexy. Every time I see MSM it looks to have a purple tint to it.

Good luck...
That would be great! But I can't find one in that combo in the entire state of Texas. I don't think they even make a white on black EX-T HS based on none of them existing out of hundreds of Civics in this state. What do you think?

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Theres one in NJ at open road honda....

Road trip

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag

WhatTheFun

Knows some stuff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
100x!! The 1.5l turbo. I have the touring and after 16k miles, the majority of the time I have all the sensing stuff turned off. The reason? It is not smooth, leaves large gaps between you and the car in front of you that people keep cutting into, and collision mitigation braking system has ground me to a halt in the middle of an intersection because it thought I was closing in too quickly on a car turning right when I was going straight.

For the first few thousand miles, I was a fan. Now I wish they spent more time on the calibration.

Last edited:
OP
OP

jimbo85281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
100x!! The 1.5l turbo. I have the touring and after 16k miles, the majority of the time I have all the sensing stuff turned off. The reason? It is not smooth, leaves large gaps between you and the car in front of you that people keep cutting into, and collision mitigation braking system has ground me to a halt in the middle of an intersection because it though it was closing in too quickly on a car turning right when I was going straight.

For the first few thousand miles, I was a fan. Now I wish they spent more time on the calibration.

Interesting stuff! I haven't heard a lot of real world, long term reviews like this one. I thought there might be a possibility that after a short amount of time I would stop using some of the features like you have.

blkdrgn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Does anyone know when the sense is active does it flash the brake lights? We have a special lane which cuts over to the shoulder lane right after a pillar. Because of this I didn't put my blinker on and it slammed on my brakes when crossing the line. The person behind probably though I was brake checking him. Do the brake lights come on or will the guy behind not know that I slowed down?

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I was considering the sensing features but wasn't convinced how well they would work in a real life setting so I decided to save myself $1k. After reading some of the reviews on this site, I'm glad I did without the HS.