First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
  • Banned
Guys, I am in the throes and hot pocket of some serious negotiations and hope to close in person on Monday..Wish me luck.. I got em down but not out, so to speak. Anyone with recent experience with last leg closeouts, please chime in. I am trying to get the best price on a LX I4 CVT.

And if anyone needs negotiations help, I am here. I am looking to close on Monday.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stand up and head for the exit if you see any excessive dealer fees or addons not previously disclosed. Ask them to remove unreasonable fees/addons before agreeing to sit down again. Read each line carefully and bring a calculator to verify the numbers. Be willing to walk out on the deal. As an alternative, you should be able to find plenty of slightly used 2016 LXs on the market for a hefty discount.

OP
OP
sonicBOOMgray

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
  • Banned
Stand up and head for the exit if you see any excessive dealer fees or addons not previously disclosed. Ask them to remove unreasonable fees/addons before agreeing to sit down again. Read each line carefully and bring a calculator to verify the numbers. Be willing to walk out on the deal. As an alternative, you should be able to find plenty of slightly used 2016 LXs on the market for a hefty discount.
Solid advice man but not feeling the 16s due to possible first year bugs. Wish me luck on the '17s, I can feel YA'LLs support all the way down hure in Texas. I also haven't ruled out the Sport but my heavy talk has all been about the I4 LX SEDAN.

They don't make the sedan in my favorite color which is also my name here so I thought I would look somewhere else. I started off being color conceded but now I am color agnostic. All the other dark grays like the Modern Steel Metallic or any of the Pearls like White Orchid though don't care for white hue. There is always red but I just don't like the lack of contrasting colors with the red on red taillights, although I could be overthinking this. My in person visit on Monday will sort that out.

TypeSiR: Thanks for posting, appreciate it. ya'll, HMU, ya hear!

Last edited:
OP
OP
sonicBOOMgray

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Guys,

it's between the Rallye Red and Aegean Blue for the LX I4 non turbo. Gotta go in to close soon.. please chime in.

handa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 2.0 (Traded), 2017 Honda Civic Hatch LX 6 Speed (Current)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guys,

it's between the Rallye Red and Aegean Blue for the LX I4 non turbo. Gotta go in to close soon.. please chime in.
i like the blue it will contrast better with the red tail lights and i dont see many blues around were i live

OP
OP
sonicBOOMgray

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
i like the blue it will contrast better with the red tail lights and i dont see many blues around were i live
The Red blew me away for some reason. There are no 16/17 Civics anywhere where I live so no worried there. I feel the Rallye Red blends the red taillights well but really, it just stood out better. I am in the Finance office now trying to get it approved. Wish me luck et al. It's just me and my computers and civicx.com!! It's time to rally with Rallye Red!!

Last edited:

handa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 2.0 (Traded), 2017 Honda Civic Hatch LX 6 Speed (Current)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Red blew me away for some reason. There are no 16/17 Civics anywhere where I live. I got Rally Red and I feel it blends the red taillights well. I am in the Finance office now trying to get it approved. Wish me luck et al. It's just me and my computers and civicx.com!! It's time to rally with Rallye Red!!
nice its a sedan or hatch?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'll love the red but I'm partial ;)

OP
OP
sonicBOOMgray

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
The Red blew me away for some reason. There are no 16/17 Civics anywhere where I live so no worried there. I feel the Rallye Red blends the red taillights well but really, it just stood out better. I am in the Finance office now trying to get it approved. Wish me luck et al. It's just me and my computers and civicx.com!! It's time to rally with Rallye Red!!
Handa: It's a red sedan. I guess I get another day to consider your contrast advice with the blue.

So about the test drive, it was my first for this car. The CVT is good and gets you to the speed limits fast but I didn't floor it cause the car only had 5 miles on it. Would there be more delay if I had floored it or came close to it? For the advertised gas mileage, I thought the CVT would be worth it but it's not an enthusiast transmission if there is a delay when you punch it but who the hell cares right..well, I still do. lol

I didn't get approved for a "normal" interest rate because my previous brand new car purchase that I paid off in 1 year never showed on my credit report because the dum dum credit union never reported it. Racist Bees. This dealer wanted to stick it to me with 14% interest. I'm going to sh*t on someone for this starting with that credit union I trusted including this dealer who only wanted to give me 400 bucks for my trade in. I know I can get a 1000.00 for my car on the private. I even offered to show them my finances online but it's their policy not to allow me to take delivery. What a waste. I feel like shitting on them for my inconvenience. Should I? My driveout was 19,1 after trade and 19,5 without. I am seriously considering just keeping my car as an extra cause 400 bucks ain't shit.

Handa (and anyone else) Can you talk more about the contrast benefit of blue and the red taillights or any other benefit of choosing the blue or any other color. In my area, there are zero 16/17 Civics but one thing I like about the blue is it's a metallic and the red isn't a metallic therefore it would last longer? Plus, I think red is too loud especially for police. Would like more advice on this please.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have good credit, try lightstream.com. I've dealt with them. They're legit. Can fund you same day and title will be in your name instead of the bank.

OP
OP
sonicBOOMgray

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
If you have good credit, try lightstream.com. I've dealt with them. They're legit. Can fund you same day and title will be in your name instead of the bank.
guys i changed my mind on the color, although red is a stunner, the blue is just a better color and might offer more "contrast" with the blue body color on red tail lights versus the red on red. I wonder what accessories I should inquire about. Mud guards? Trunk organizer or tray? What about a sun visor??

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't take the 14% interest "deal". Is financing thru your CU an option? The LX ain't rare by any measure. You should be able to score one between 18.6 to 18.8 (before the trade in).

From truecar.com:

Honda Civic 10th gen Trying to "win" a '17 LX I4 CVT! upload_2017-5-23_0-33-0

handa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
guys i changed my mind on the color, although red is a stunner, the blue is just a better color and might offer more "contrast" with the blue body color on red tail lights versus the red on red. I wonder what accessories I should inquire about. Mud guards? Trunk organizer or tray? What about a sun visor??
nice i think i wouldve gone with a blue or red if i wouldve waited. i eneded up with a black LX-P. it is laggy while you floor it in D, put if you take off traction control and launch on S it will feel much more punchier. You can take it one step further and replace the tires with Performance tires and the car handles much differently.
I also agree with TypeSiR you should shop around other dealerships if possible or negotiate. I had something similar happen to me financially the car i had just paid off and was planning to trade was not showing up in my credit report and they were only trying to finance me for 14,000 so i had to go a different route, right now im leasing and im planning on buying the car or trading for a hatch since my wife just had a baby
as for accessories i dont like the mudguards or sun visor because ive had experience with those items ruining the paint job on the car.

OP
OP
sonicBOOMgray

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
Don't take the 14% interest "deal". Is financing thru your CU an option? The LX ain't rare by any measure. You should be able to score one between 18.6 to 18.8 (before the trade in).

From truecar.com:

upload_2017-5-23_0-33-0.png
Type SiR: Is that Truecar price the driveout and Out the door price or before TTL? I could go back to that CU but should I go back to them if they didn't report my previous purchase? I guess I could for the rate anyway. THANKS!

Handa: Thanks, does the LX have a Sport mode? I saw the Econ mode but not sport.

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You need to check truecar for your area and blue book as well. They both have a fair market value that you can pull up.
Sponsored