Trading Honda Civic 2016 EX w HS for Honda Civic 2017 Touring, worth it?

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
Yeah, it doesn't seem financially smart.
Sponsored

Streetkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura integra
Country flag
If the only cost is $80 more a month id do it. But I would definitely look at the ex-t if all you care about is the turbo.

I looked at used and the savings didn't seem to be there.

I also agree that the turbo isn't really that fast.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
(Its really not that powerful, just peppy for the class) do a used EX-T with 20k miles or so. Minimize your losses...
It really is that powerful compared to the NA 2.0/1.8. 174lb of torque from 1700 to 5000 rpm. Vs 134 at 4500rpm. It's a world of difference!

foehammerone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If the main thing you want is the turbo engine, go with a used EX-T, or EX-L if you can find one. The leather seats/steering wheel/shifter are nice, and the driver side seat is power. You can probably get a used EXT/L for around 18-20k

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's never financially smart. But I did it because I want to be happy or my idea of happiness. I traded a 2016 Sedan EX for a fully loaded Sport Touring Hatchback is my idea of happiness. Do you have a few hundred dollars to spare a month or if you are paying cash thousands for something that would essentially take you from A to B the same as what you have right now? If so go for it. If you can use that extra cash somewhere more important then maybe you should wait.

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
Well, its NEVER going to be "financially smart" to do that. I have an EX-T and love it, but don't really see the advantages of the Touring. Cloth works for me and as much as I'd love to have Sensing, it's still not to the point to where I could reliably use and trust it. To me, $80 per month extra is a lot as you could almost lease an LX for that amount. If I were to personally need to do it, I'd try and sell the EX for as much as you can (likely Private Party) and then look at getting a fantastic deal on a closeout-2016 or 2017 EX-T.

The Turbo is great (as our the seat heaters), but I almost think I could do without it next time. I would never drop down to an LX though.

If performance is such an important detail, then maybe you should be saving up for an SI or Type R.

alphabetzoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One other thing to consider is that most modifications to the Civic seem to be focused on the 1.5T, with the argument that for x amount of money to increase x hp in the 2.0 N/A, you might as well get the turbo model since the power is already there. The CVT for the 2.0 N/A is also apparently weaker than the 1.5T CVT based on what I'm reading here, but by how much I have no idea.

I might get a used 2016 EX-T down the line just to feel the difference over my EX, but for now removing the spare tire and using a drop-in K&N filter does just fine.

Negan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Batmobile
As they say: "a fool and his money are easily parted".

Don't be a fool.

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Personally.. I don't think you bought the non turbo EX for performance reasons in the first place. I wouldn't give up the depreciation cost for 30 some more hp. To me it is an A to B destination car and it is perfect for that.

I would consider a slightly used ILX or TSX (you can get them for 20-25k now easily) instead if I am really depressed about it.

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I am going to try to get into a touring myself in 1.5 years. I'll be 2 years and 2 months into my lease. I want the touring for all the extra features no just the 1.5t. I hoping I could get out clean out of my lease. Car will have about 18000km at that point.

alphabetzoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am going to try to get into a touring myself in 1.5 years. I'll be 2 years and 2 months into my lease. I want the touring for all the extra features no just the 1.5t. I hoping I could get out clean out of my lease. Car will have about 18000km at that point.
I've already got close to 38000km on mine since Jan 2016. At this rate I'll be trading in my EX for a cardboard box with wheels. (Mind you it'll be a fancy cardboard box.)

filbert19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX L with sen
Just the turbo engine.... there are other features like GPS navigation and rear seat heating which i dont have in EX w HS but mainly i want to get touring because of turbo engine.
you can get the EX-T and the EX-L with the Turbo engine and its a standard item.

s2ktaxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '19 Civic Si, '17 Civic EX HB, '09 Civic Si, '01 S2000
Country flag
go drive it, experience the additional Touring features and see if it's worth it to you.
Sponsored