TPMS reset

tedwash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hondae Civic EX
The wife has a week old Civic EX that the TPMS warn light is lit. Checked all of the pressures and they are all good. I understand that the TPMS must be reset. The owners manual seems to refer to things that are not on the 2016 EX such as a menu button on the steering wheel, a set up menu in the display or a TPMS button. There seems to be no way to reset the TPMS. HELP
Sponsored

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
Pressing the i button on the steering wheel... the one just below the new style volume slider... should change the display directly in front of you to say "Vehicle Settings" and then press 'Enter" the center button on the left hand side of the steering wheel should then drop into a series of selectable options, the first one selected by default should say "TPMS Calibration". If it is not the default choice use the up and down arrows on the left hand side of the steering wheel to flip through the options and press enter to select it.

Best of luck.
-R

Last edited:

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
The wife has a week old Civic EX that the TPMS warn light is lit. Checked all of the pressures and they are all good. I understand that the TPMS must be reset. The owners manual seems to refer to things that are not on the 2016 EX such as a menu button on the steering wheel, a set up menu in the display or a TPMS button. There seems to be no way to reset the TPMS. HELP

do it through the touch screen, it's pretty simple, had to do it when I got my new wheels and tires.

Honda Civic 10th gen TPMS reset tpms.PNG

OP
OP

tedwash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hondae Civic EX
The correct answer is to it through the infotainment touch screen. The steering display does not work. That was my initial problem. Problem solved. Thanks everyone.

woohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
The correct answer is to it through the infotainment touch screen. The steering display does not work. That was my initial problem. Problem solved. Thanks everyone.
Hi tedwash, i was having the same problem with the steering wheel display. Did you happen to figure out why "vehicle settings" does not show up when you hit the info button and then the up and down keys? thanks!

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Don't forget that outside temps affect tire pressure!

I always tell customers anytime they see that light to still do a visual inspection on the tires to make sure they are not going flat.

If the temp just went down, that could be the cause!

OP
OP

tedwash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hondae Civic EX
Hi tedwash, i was having the same problem with the steering wheel display. Did you happen to figure out why "vehicle settings" does not show up when you hit the info button and then the up and down keys? thanks!
The owners manual and other online documents are confusing. The settings to reset the TPMS WARNING ARE NOT ACCESSED THROUGH THE STEERING WHEEL CONTROL. The link to the reset is through the radio/infotainment center. Apparently in pre-2016 Civics it was accessed through the steering wheel controls.

Ted

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Don't forget that outside temps affect tire pressure!

I always tell customers anytime they see that light to still do a visual inspection on the tires to make sure they are not going flat.

If the temp just went down, that could be the cause!
My TPMS warning light just came on. I checked the pressure on all 4 tires and they are normal (actually a couple psi above the doorjamb recommended setting). It is much warmer here today and I did some highway driving before it came on. I thought it would come on for underinflation, not overinflation. Any ideas?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
It may have been calibrated wrong to begin with.

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
It may have been calibrated wrong to begin with.
It only has 500 miles on it and this is the first time this has happened. I supposed I should let the tires cool down completely and then start the recalibration process?

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
This may help explain our TPMS system.

Honda Civic 10th gen TPMS reset tpms 1.PNG
Honda Civic 10th gen TPMS reset tpms 2.PNG

jp500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
I, too, am having this same problem on my EX. I've been to the dealer twice, they just reset it, although the second trip in they did inspect the tires to make sure they're okay and they are. I'll be a little peeved if I have to go in for a 3rd time if this light comes back on. Seems like there might be an issue here.

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I hate this system. My Camry was ideal, giving actual pressure reading on each tire. Never had a problem in four years and 53,000 miles on the Camry.
I don't hate it, but I would prefer the actual reading of the tire pressure of each tire. I know that system can make maintenance more difficult, but it seems more useful for keeping the tires inflated properly.

brianric

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brianric.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I don't hate it, but I would prefer the actual reading of the tire pressure of each tire. I know that system can make maintenance more difficult, but it seems more useful for keeping the tires inflated properly.
It makes it more burdensome to keep tires inflated. I now have to physically check each tire for pressure, and if I bring one tire up to proper pressure or have tires rotated I have to do a 30 minute TPMS calibration. The Honda system is not going to detect anything wrong if all four tires are low, which happens with a cold snap. Some of the features of my 2016 Honda Civic Touring is a step backwards from my former 2012 Camry XLE Hybrid.
Sponsored