Touring Headlights vs. All others?

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Hey guys,

I'm looking into getting a 10th gen civic for my next car, but one thing I'm having trouble finding is a good comparison of the light output from the two types of headlights. There are plenty of pictures of the actual headlights themselves, but I'm looking for an image of the light shining on (for example) the wall of a garage or something where you can really see the differences between the halogen light and the LED lights. Anyone have or willing to take any good pictures of their lights that would show them off? I'm really trying to decide if it would be worth it to spring for the touring for the headlights and sound system, though the sound in the lower trims would likely be upgraded by me anyway. I drive at night a fair amount and want to know if the lights are that much better it would make the extra cost worth it.

I've tried searching this forum and google in general with no luck, but it's definitely possible I missed it. I did find people complaining about the (yellowed) color of the halogen lights, which is what prompted me to ask. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
In my opinion, the light output from the stock halogens is fine. I believe most people's complaint is about the color temperature, especially against the LED daytime running lights, which are quite cool (white) and make the halogens look yellow in comparison.

I'll change mine when the bulbs go out.

I think if you're concerned about it, and money's no object, then you should definitely go for the Touring trim.

OP
OP

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Do the DRL not turn off with the headlights coming on? I could see how the contrast in temperature could be annoying. And thanks for the welcoming!

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey guys,

I'm looking into getting a 10th gen civic for my next car, but one thing I'm having trouble finding is a good comparison of the light output from the two types of headlights. There are plenty of pictures of the actual headlights themselves, but I'm looking for an image of the light shining on (for example) the wall of a garage or something where you can really see the differences between the halogen light and the LED lights. Anyone have or willing to take any good pictures of their lights that would show them off? I'm really trying to decide if it would be worth it to spring for the touring for the headlights and sound system, though the sound in the lower trims would likely be upgraded by me anyway. I drive at night a fair amount and want to know if the lights are that much better it would make the extra cost worth it.

I've tried searching this forum and google in general with no luck, but it's definitely possible I missed it. I did find people complaining about the (yellowed) color of the halogen lights, which is what prompted me to ask. Any help is appreciated.
They're going to be a bit brighter than the halogens and a bit less bright than an HID.

spikeitaudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot EXL RES, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
The stock LEDS are just as good as HIDs as there are at least 3 that are on. Not a single LED h11 bulb coming from a projector. The only thing with the LEDs that is noticeable at times especially when the high beams are on are you will see a vertical line that each of the LEDs channels are in.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
Hey guys,

The Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards FMVSS 108 regulates every aspect of automotive headlights including beam pattern and minimum and maximum output. FMVSS 108 even regulates the color of the light. So you're not going to find much difference in beam pattern or light output from one type of light to another since all auto manufacturers have to comply with FMVSS 108 to sell cars in the US. The big advantage of the LEDs is economy. It takes far less gasoline to run the LEDs than it does halogens or even HIDs. LEDs require no warm up, as HIDs do, and LEDs last much longer than the other two types, saving you money again. Your alternator will even last longer. It's a damn shame Honda doesn't offer LEDs, at least as an option if not standard equipment, on the other trims.

Last edited:

davidvanchu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
on my ex-t when i turn on the low beams the DRLs become dimmer but they definitely stay on.. might be different with touring
Oops. My mistake. Yes, you are correct they're technically on but from inside they dim so much that they have seemingly no affect. The regular headlights overpower it. From the outside you can definitely see the color difference. I thought Ash2016 meant you can see the contrast in color from the inside.

firemist32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2014 RAM Eco-diesel
Hey guys,

Here is mine. I added 6000K Led fog lights as well to match. I did not like the look of the yellow fogs with the cool white LED headlights
Honda Civic 10th gen Touring Headlights vs. All others? IMG_8296.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Touring Headlights vs. All others? 2016_Civic-1

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I've NOT measured light output, spread pattern, cut-off distance or anything else but I can tell you the output of the Touring's LED headlights is great. Low beams are so bright that I continuously get brights flashed my way from oncoming vehicles. The only successful photographic comparison would have to be done with the camera adjusted in manual mode to the same aperture and shutter settings for both pictures.

The high beams are perfect and I don't remember seeing any vertical splits in either light beams, doesn't mean they don't exist but I never noticed them.

WhatTheFun

Knows some stuff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can confirm that the touring LED headlights are better than the HID headlights on the Audi A3

By "better" i mean I prefer them and have no data to back it up. Plus it's not worth my time of get the data
Sponsored

Last edited: