MoarButtery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Everyone,

I'm thinking of installing the SI rear diffuser for my 1.5 coupe then having some sort of muffler job done. Do you have any suggestions on mufflers? Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

handa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 2.0 (Traded), 2017 Honda Civic Hatch LX 6 Speed (Current)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Everyone,

I'm thinking of installing the SI rear diffuser for my 1.5 coupe then having some sort of muffler job done. Do you have any suggestions on mufflers? Thanks!
its gonna be hard to put a center exhaust with the wheel well for the spare tire being so deep

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
its gonna be hard to put a center exhaust with the wheel well for the spare tire being so deep
That's what I'm thinking, too, but I don't know if we've seen the underside of the Si yet.

I'm assuming that they raised the rear floor like they did for the Sport hatchbacks. If so, then fitting a center exhaust on the non-Si coupes and sedans will be a b*tch.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's what I'm thinking, too, but I don't know if we've seen the underside of the Si yet.

I'm assuming that they raised the rear floor like they did for the Sport hatchbacks. If so, then fitting a center exhaust on the non-Si coupes and sedans will be a b*tch.
Canada gets a full size spare in the SI, so I'm on the fence of wether or not they raised the floor.

Also has it been 100% confirmed, as in lined up right next to each other at the same time, that the sport actually has a shallower spare tire well? It seems absolutely insane to me that they would do that for two trim levels. The only way it makes sense to me would be if the CTR gets the same floorpan as the sport hatch.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Floor pan part number is different in the Si Coupe vs the standard Coupe ;)

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Part # on that site is not correct and you can tell just by the images that they are two different parts..:hmm: I'll see if I can get my buddy to get me the Correct Si pan part#:thumbsup:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Si uses the following part # 65550-TBJ-A00ZZ
The LX/EX uses the following part # 65550-TBG-A00ZZ

:wave:

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not to mention if what you say is true about the part numbers than the website I used has mislabeled the 2016 ex? Seems very very unlikely that that's the one they would fuck up.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Pics or I win brah. Everything you've said so far is hearsay or worse.
Tell you what...

When you use the part #'s correctly on that site you will see that you can not select item #22 on the Si only part# 60 (65550-TBJ-A00ZZ) and when you select part# 60 on the LX/EX it will not show up and it will only allow you to choose item# 22 (65550-TBG-A00ZZ)... so... you will see that I am not feeding you a line of crap:slap:

have a look and let me know:popcorn::wave:

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How about that, poor website design on their part. Thanks for saving me a waste of money trying to get the Si exhaust in there!

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No worries.. I would hate to see somebody waste their hard money on something that would not work...:(

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Also has it been 100% confirmed, as in lined up right next to each other at the same time, that the sport actually has a shallower spare tire well? It seems absolutely insane to me that they would do that for two trim levels. The only way it makes sense to me would be if the CTR gets the same floorpan as the sport hatch.
I'll try to get a good look next time I'm at a dealership.

And, if I get super-lucky, there'll be a non-Sport hatchback on the Army base where I work, and maybe we could both get ours on the lift to get a detailed look at the underside.

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sport/Sport Touring has a shallower spare tire well. Even the rear jack point is different. I've already posted a picture of the centre exhaust in this thread:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/a-peek-under-the-skirt-so-to-speak.9667/

Also, the Canadian Si does not come with a full size spare. It is the same temporary spare that comes with the Sport/ST hatch.
Sponsored

Last edited: