Touch volume control not working?

dino81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchex
Country flag
So I picked up a 2017 civic ex hatch Saturday. The touch sensitive volume control on the steering wheel isn't working. The up and down push works fine.

Any ideas if I could be doing something wrong or if there's a setting? I read the manual and didn't see anything.

Thanks!
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you look on page 327 of the owners manual it states that there's an option to turn off the gesture control of the volume control on the steering wheel.

You can access this option on the touch screen settings.

OP
OP

dino81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchex
Country flag
Thank you! My manual is different. It only goes to page 157 and the on/off gesture control isn't even mentioned..however I did download the PDF owners manual on this site, I did refer to page 327 BUT my screen doesn't even show the option for gesture control when following the PDF instructions.

Maybe I'll just reset to factory settings and see if that cures it.

Thank you for your reply! I'll post if the reset works or not.

Frgone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback
Thank you! My manual is different. It only goes to page 157 and the on/off gesture control isn't even mentioned..however I did download the PDF owners manual on this site, I did refer to page 327 BUT my screen doesn't even show the option for gesture control when following the PDF instructions.

Maybe I'll just reset to factory settings and see if that cures it.

Thank you for your reply! I'll post if the reset works or not.
Hi Dino81,

I just picked up my hatchback today and I've encountered the same problem. Any luck fixing yours? It looks like it's a manufacturer s defect

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you look on page 327 of the owners manual it states that there's an option to turn off the gesture control of the volume control on the steering wheel.

You can access this option on the touch screen settings.
See you learn something every day never knew that. I accually like the swipe quick mute with the flick of the thumb:goodpost:

OP
OP

dino81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchex
Country flag
Hi Dino81,

I just picked up my hatchback today and I've encountered the same problem. Any luck fixing yours? It looks like it's a manufacturer s defect
No, but I did put a call into my dealer, he checked the other one on the lot and says it's doing the same as ours. He put in an email to Honda so we will see! Keep me updated and I'll do the same!

Frgone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback
No, but I did put a call into my dealer, he checked the other one on the lot and says it's doing the same as ours. He put in an email to Honda so we will see! Keep me updated and I'll do the same!
Will do bro I'll keep you updated and look back at this thread. I'm planning on calling Honda Corporate or Support to see what's happening. Maybe in the near future there will be a factory recall on it and dealerships will replace it. Despite anything congrats to both of us. The car is amazing so far. Humbly speaking there aren't to many out in the streets yet. We're the very few.

MilfShake2108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Hatchback LX 6SPD Manual
Country flag
Did you find the gesture options on/off like the others suggested?

OP
OP

dino81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchex
Country flag
There is no gesture on/off on the 2017 hatchs..I haven't had a chance to call my dealer again.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is no gesture on/off on the 2017 hatchs..I haven't had a chance to call my dealer again.
Really? How odd that Honda would remove a setting that's built into the software. How strange...

OP
OP

dino81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchex
Country flag
Really? How odd that Honda would remove a setting that's built into the software. How strange...
Idk. I followed what silver rascal posted,that option isn't even in that setting on my car. My owners manual is different, so I did look at the PDF on this site. No avail

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Idk. I followed what silver rascal posted,that option isn't even in that setting on my car. My owners manual is different, so I did look at the PDF on this site. No avail
Huh, weird... I just had a look at the e-version of the hatch's owners manual and on Pg. 349 it shows options for gesture control:

Honda Civic 10th gen Touch volume control not working? huapigh

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welp, no more doubts about it. That option is def missing for you. Thanks for posting an image of your screen.
Sponsored