Top Gear has a comparison review in print now

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
Unfortunately it's only in the printed issue, not up on the web - there is a shorter review of the CTR as driven on British roads on their site though, which I have also linked to in the reviews thread.

In the comparison test, "The Seat Leon Cupra, Ford Focus RS and Volkswagen’s Golf R face off against the new Type R on gnarly Welsh B-roads". If anyone has the print edition, please get us the goods!
Sponsored

CTR_FK8_00436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR / 2011 Civic Hybrid
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately it's only in the printed issue, not up on the web - there is a shorter review of the CTR as driven on British roads on their site though, which I have also linked to in the reviews thread.

In the comparison test, "The Seat Leon Cupra, Ford Focus RS and Volkswagen’s Golf R face off against the new Type R on gnarly Welsh B-roads". If anyone has the print edition, please get us the goods!
Thanks! I just ordered a physical copy of the magazine, which was 11.45 GBP / $14.76 USD, including shipping.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
I'm sure there will be a head to head between Type R and Focus RS on motortrend soon also.

browncow

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic ex-l
To sum up the article they love the Type R and it is their number one choice followed by the RS, R and Cupra last.

OP
OP

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
Thanks! I just ordered a physical copy of the magazine, which was 11.45 GBP / $14.76 USD, including shipping.
Looking into this, thanks....I think there's a local bookseller chain that carries it so hopefully it will be available here a bit cheaper than that.

OP
OP

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
I'm sure there will be a head to head between Type R and Focus RS on motortrend soon also.
Their H2H videos don't go to free release for several weeks though, they have a pay channel these days.

m3cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag

Do you know if Chris Harris reviewed this . If so I'll get this magazine.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
i think you can buy a digital copy
pretty sure you are right, but last time I did (forgot why) it ended up taking days to actually show up and be readable. (I'm guessing it's all my fault, lol)

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
Country flag
i think you can buy a digital copy
pretty sure you are right, but last time I did (forgot why) it ended up taking days to actually show up and be readable. (I'm guessing it's all my fault, lol)
There's an iOs app with a 30 day free trial that gives you access to the latest edition. I assume there's one for android, as well.

EDIT: well, I don't see any option for the free trial. Individual issues are $3.99, though.

OP
OP

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
If i can wait for ADM and hype to die down, I can wait for a youtube video.
Sure but the TG article's going to be much more in depth (18 pages). Only the Pobst contributions give the MT comparisons any real value.

Last edited:
OP
OP

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
There's an iOs app with a 30 day free trial that gives you access to the latest edition. I assume there's one for android, as well.

EDIT: well, I don't see any option for the free trial. Individual issues are $3.99, though.
Can you provide a link for the single issue at this price? I am not seeing it on TG's site - there the digital issue is 10.40 pounds. Maybe it's only for phones at that price.