Tip for removing paint scuffs

Blitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We had our Orchid Pearl White Civic hatch for a whole week before some douche rubbed his red bumper up against the front lower spoiler.

We had some surface transferred paint I wanted to get rid of, it turns out (thank you random guy on Youtube) that toothpaste is able to remove surface paint deposits.

I followed the instructions, dabbed toothpaste over the affected area with a paper towel, waited 10 minutes then buffed it off with a microfibre cloth and it was all Orchid Pearl again!

Just wanted to share.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We had our Orchid Pearl White Civic hatch for a whole week before some douche rubbed his red bumper up against the front lower spoiler.

We had some surface transferred paint I wanted to get rid of, it turns out (thank you random guy on Youtube) that toothpaste is able to remove surface paint deposits.

I followed the instructions, dabbed toothpaste over the affected area with a paper towel, waited 10 minutes then buffed it off with a microfibre cloth and it was all Orchid Pearl again!

Just wanted to share.
I can't help but to mention that it's advisable to use a true automotive polish and not toothpaste. It may have removed the paint transfer but likely caused other damage that may or may not be readily visible without a close inspection.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Correct, although you got the scuff out next time you might want to go with something like Scratch-X from Meguiars.

Chillantro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport MT

Just wanted to share.
Man, same thing happened to me.. now the black front skirt is a little scuffed..
Sponsored