John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rant on.

Am I the only person here that is getting tired of all the incredibly rude, uneducated, and hostile people that are showing up on this forum? I've been here almost since the beginning of this page, but I'm seriously about to just leave.

Every single day I'm getting aggro'd by somebody on this forum who thinks they know everything... Sure would be nice if the moderators would do a bit more than delete a few posts by these people.

Rant off.
Sponsored

Dsgstp8d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 335 coupe, '17 hatch sport
Country flag
There are these types of people all around us in life. Just have to ignore them as giving them attention is what fuels their fire. Worthless trolls....

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely had to sift through a lot lately.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I try my best to only post in threads only worth posting for. My time is valuable to me and I have better things to do rather then complain that my hubs have some surface rust on them lol, it's just so hard sometimes, and well,, I get really bored at work soooo I end up getting involved when I should just let the thread dieeee haha.

OP
OP
Snoopyslr

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I try my best to only post in threads only worth posting for. My time is valuable to me and I have better things to do rather then complain that my hubs have some surface rust on them lol, it's just so hard sometimes, and well,, I get really bored at work soooo I end up getting involved when I should just let the thread dieeee haha.
Cough... oil thread... cough :flame:

We're so slow at work right now... I'm on here all the time. I just keep running into complete nonsense lol. A lot of great people on here and I know I shouldn't let a few bad ones ruin it....

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why let it get to you?

I get ripped sometimes and am I supposed to let it bother me.

This my be off topic but this is why I DO NOT GET CYBER BULLY.

OP
OP
Snoopyslr

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol I certainly am not a victim of cyber bullying. I worked as a mechanic and then in a race car fabrication shop... I have very thick skin lol.

Stupidity and people who spread misinformation on forums aggravate me to no end tho. This is a place where people ask questions and want answers. Correct answers. If you don't know what you're talking about, you should not be replying to things.

On a chat board where wrong answers and BS can be weeded out, they should be. People come here to learn. If you want to troll, that's what Reddit is for. :p

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
I'm not here enough to scour every thread for trends but I'll believe you if you say it's become a little more hostile toward noob questions. However, if you're now pivoting from the forum becoming hostile to one that is purposefully spreading misinformation then I have a response.

I'm an older guy with a long history with Honda, not just cars but outboard motors. I was around when "Made in Japan" was a scarlet letter but I stuck with it anyway. So when it comes to purposeful misinformation, I may be guilty of it when illustrating my install experiences without the intent to deceive anyone however.

I would like to add that a forum is a business just like any other, albeit a predictably dying model given the competition from Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest but still a business and for our owners, revenue is generated from membership count, views and ad clicks so I'm not surprised when controversial posts aren't immediately hammered. Likewise, when somebody new asks a question that's been answered a hundred times before, it's good for business and really not a big offense.

Along that thought, political sections usually generate the most revenue but since we lack one, I'm still here enjoying the forum and can forgive some of the hostile stupidity...to a point. If I see something I don't like or am offended by, I just click on the next interesting thread, no problem or I'll just sign off, grab a beer and get back to working on cars.

It's no different than turning off the TV when there's nothing to watch.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The thing that I don't like is people that come on with a lack of common sense, and a lack of forum etiquette. I think noob questions can actually avoid these two problems but posters that post said noob questions are generally too ignorant to know anyway.

The whole, "Can I DIY install Honda Sensing in my non HS car","What documentation am I missing","Steve GG posting random shit about the density of Titanium or treating the CVT highway revs like god's gift to the earth"

Like come on guys, if you ask stupid shit like that you deserved to be ripped apart. As many of you know, I can get some discussions hot and heavy but I'm usually right and I'm never the one who's instigating it via a response with a lack of common sense...

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The thing that I don't like is people that come on with a lack of common sense, and a lack of forum etiquette. I think noob questions can actually avoid these two problems but posters that post said noob questions are generally too ignorant to know anyway.

The whole, "Can I DIY install Honda Sensing in my non HS car","What documentation am I missing","Steve GG posting random shit about the density of Titanium or treating the CVT highway revs like god's gift to the earth"

Like come on guys, if you ask stupid shit like that you deserved to be ripped apart. As many of you know, I can get some discussions hot and heavy but I'm usually right and I'm never the one who's instigating it via a response with a lack of common sense...
ha! I just said this in the "Honda sensing" thread about you, your critical but usually have good answers, you rarely post good answers though. also if I may, being ignorant isn't the same as being stupid, some people genuinely don't know the answers to these questions. they don't know how much is involved in "sensing" and if they have a little bit of money they might think they could pay to have it done.

Last edited:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
if they have a little bit of money they might think they could pay to have it done.
And yet it's the same people people who complain about a $40 oil change at the stealership -__-'

Quite frankly, on the assumption an oil change is done once a year, a $40 annuity for 15 years or the life of your car is practically worthless anyway so for the sake of having service documents to pad the resale value... But that assumes you're reselling. If you run your car to the ground then no one gives a shit except you.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And yet it's the same people people who complain about a $40 oil change at the stealership -__-'

Quite frankly, on the assumption an oil change is done once a year, a $40 annuity for 15 years or the life of your car is practically worthless anyway so for the sake of having service documents to pad the resale value... But that assumes you're reselling. If you run your car to the ground then no one gives a shit except you.
not sure what your getting at there but I'm just saying you and 1 other are usually the first to respond to multiple threads (albeit kind of dumb threads) but coming off as total snobs. this forum started out really good before all that but now I rarely like to get on because instead of reading a short thread with a thought out answer, I have to endure a long thread filled with BS. That is just the beginning, now we have the people who couldn't get a clear answer making multiple threads about the same topic. OR some like Steve who just likes trolling to get everyone stirred up because he knows he will get your attention and a few others. now we have a thread dedicated to complaining about critical commenters as yourself, it's getting out of hand.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
not sure what your getting at there but I'm just saying you and 1 other are usually the first to respond to multiple threads (albeit kind of dumb threads) but coming off as total snobs. this forum started out really good before all that but now I rarely like to get on because instead of reading a short thread with a thought out answer, I have to endure a long thread filled with BS. That is just the beginning, now we have the people who couldn't get a clear answer making multiple threads about the same topic. OR some like Steve who just likes trolling to get everyone stirred up because he knows he will get your attention and a few others. now we have a thread dedicated to complaining about critical commenters as yourself, it's getting out of hand.
I'm saying those people are the people that think THEIR money is worth a lot more than it objectively is. They say a $40 oil change is a complete rip off and yet they severely underestimate a major repair/mod work order done by a master technician who bills at $105/hour.

Ehhh I wouldn't say that this thread was directed at me personally considering I'm hardly "uneducated". I would say most of my responses are snarky but not "unjustified" or without cold hard facts on the table. Like that hardass teacher who makes you earn an answer type comment. That was a nice touch. If I'm gonna reply I want you to LEARN something. I don't want to give you an easy answer for you to take at face value. Memorize and dump and end up asking the same question when you have a new car in the future.

One thing I do like about this forum is that we have separate Si and Type R subforums. I'm usually afraid that once the performance models roll out, the enthusiasts who undoubtedly make up a forum start ruling a site with mods/gains/yada yada and people who are enthusiastic about the base powertrain cars get neglected.

This forum admittedly has little to no moderation. In over a year that I've been on this forum for and my antics, I've had admin call me out ONCE (guess who I was being inappropriate too haha) and maybe a few of my posts deleted due to an argument that wasn't constructive or related to the thread. 5 posts out of 1200? That's nothing. TimothyJay is the only one whose allowed to delete stuff and he's been off the grid for a bit. The actual Admin account rarely does anything with the exception of posting press releases or big information about upcoming models. Which while informative hardly makes him/her a "proper" admin. Also, the uncertainty behind the Admin's origins have always had me question his/her credibility. The guy goes to the Press Releases/unveilings to ask questions, take photos, but is he affiliated with Honda? Does he represent the press? Is he a 15 year old dude hiding in the basement? The admin is the government of this thread, and when there's a lack of transparency all around, I don't have confidence.