This dealer is crazy...

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Photos to follow tomorrow...
And please let me know if you have had similar experiences...

So my nornal dealer called me.. And told me they gave up on trading for my car as no other dealers were giving up the m/t ex-ts due to rarity.. I would usually never go to a diff dealer but the manager was up front about it.. Even gave me a list of what was were.. Il also add that his price (without giving up invoice as hes doing me a favor no one else will get due to a issue in the past..) Is $20 less a month than the lowest price i can haggle anywere else..

Anyways the dealer i ended up at was $50 more monthly.. And didnt wanna budge.. They didnt believe me that my dealer could do that price... And they also didnt believe that every other dealer was $30 below them.. Anyways.. I got them to a happy medium... And got my car..

Now while i was at the dealer.. My daughter and wife were given scented lotion and sanatizer of there choice frkn bath and body works with a expensive dealer sticker (gold and red with a nice texture.. And you could feel the oytline and such... Then the poland spring waters... Same thing relabeled with the dealers info.. Im like ok.. Nice touch... Gotta advertise you know...

Now fast forward to the mext day.. Were i can really look at the car and check everything out..(i picked it up at night and it was a downpour) it had the usual dealer branding on the trunklid wich i have to remove.. I had to stop the sales guy from putting the dealers license plate frame on... Wich btw were chrome... Really???? Then come the stickers... (The craziest is still coming... A total of 5 stickers.. Rearview mirror and windows had a sticker of a blue honda H with a red cardinal silhouette in front of it.. Im thinking in my head... Overboard much? Maybe thats why you cant discount the car much....

Now comes the ridiculousness..

I go play around with the infotainment system.. Go to the backgrounds... All the original ones but they have a red fucking bird in them.. Ya just like the stickers... Go to the clocks..... Guess what.. Same red damn bird... Everywere i go red fuckin birds.. They literally went to someone and had them redo the software to do this? And then spend the money paying a tech to change every new car to this? No wonder your trying to rip off everyone to meet the bottom line.. This is ludacris.. They better be able to put it back to the way its supposed to be... Shit now im surprised it doesnt say civic... Cardinal edition...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Draken187

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag

So my nornal dealer called me.. And told me they gave up on trading for my car as no other dealers were giving up the m/t ex-ts due to rarity.. I would usually never go to a diff dealer but the manager was up front about it.. Even gave me a list of what was were.. Il also add that his price (without giving up invoice as hes doing me a favor no one else will get due to a issue in the past..) Is $20 less a month than the lowest price i can haggle anywere else..

Anyways the dealer i ended up at was $50 more monthly.. And didnt wanna budge.. They didnt believe me that my dealer could do that price... And they also didnt believe that every other dealer was $30 below them.. Anyways.. I got them to a happy medium... And got my car..

Now while i was at the dealer.. My daughter and wife were given scented lotion and sanatizer of there choice frkn bath and body works with a expensive dealer sticker (gold and red with a nice texture.. And you could feel the oytline and such... Then the poland spring waters... Same thing relabeled with the dealers info.. Im like ok.. Nice touch... Gotta advertise you know...

Now fast forward to the mext day.. Were i can really look at the car and check everything out..(i picked it up at night and it was a downpour) it had the usual dealer branding on the trunklid wich i have to remove.. I had to stop the sales guy from putting the dealers license plate frame on... Wich btw were chrome... Really???? Then come the stickers... (The craziest is still coming... A total of 5 stickers.. Rearview mirror and windows had a sticker of a blue honda H with a red cardinal silhouette in front of it.. Im thinking in my head... Overboard much? Maybe thats why you cant discount the car much....

I go play around with the infotainment system.. Go to the backgrounds... All the original ones but they have a red fucking bird in them.. Ya just like the stickers... Go to the clocks..... Guess what.. Same red damn bird... Everywere i go red fuckin birds.. They literally went to someone and had them redo the software to do this? And then spend the money paying a tech to change every new car to this? No wonder your trying to rip off everyone to meet the bottom line.. This is ludacris.. They better be able to put it back to the way its supposed to be... Shit now im surprised it doesnt say civic... Cardinal edition...
Im betting if i jack the car up tomorrow theres gonna be a big red bird under the body at this point...

Rayven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan

It is easy to customise those screens - there is a 16 page thread here with examples and instructions. It will take you a minute or less to change.

BigBang09

nsbryant09
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Former: 2004 Mustang V6, 2008 Civic LX)
Based on that very descriptive saga (and the state in your profile), I'm guessing this is the bird's nest you ended up at.

Maybe they're birdbrains. Maybe they just have "dealer spirit" (like colleges and schools encourage "school spirit"). Who knows!

OP
OP
Draken187

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's not like they committed a cardinal sin but if they were my dealer and did all that to my car... I'd given them a bird of my own.

OP
OP
Draken187

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Busy day stuck at work havemt been able too..

kcabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic LX | 2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
That doesn't sound bad. I discovered a REAL bird's nest in my engine bay on the day I picked up my car at the dealer.

OP
OP
Draken187

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
BTW - never buy a car based on monthly cost. Determine the total cost and work from there.
Didnt.. But since i promised not to divulge the what i was given and as stated.. I tried to use those numbers so people know part of what i had to do..
Sponsored