third brake light

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
so I know this has already been addressed but I'm so mad at the idiot in my dealers service dept. that I have to sound off. My third brake light started falling down off the ceiling which I already knew this was a common defect so it didn't really bother me. Just took my car in and told them about it and they said "no problem we'll order the part to fix it and you can come back tomorrow". So I came back the next day and learned my part had never been ordered. Now this would have been no big deal normally, but this little idiot that I had dealed with the day before had an attitude from the get go. When I first walked up to the service dept. desk and told him about my third brake light, the first thing he said was "so?". Like, "who cares?" What ever happened to customer service. I think whats going on is nobody cares what kind of assholes they hire. Everything is about the bottom line; profit.
The guy never ordered my part. He just didn't care. When I went back the second day and told a different guy what had happened, he immediately knew which guy I was talking about from the day before. He apologized and ordered my part.
Sponsored

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
ha ha. So?!

you gotta admit, "So?!" is the perfect answer to any critic or complainer. There is no comeback.

Man to wife: "I caught you sleeping with another man!"
Wife to man: "So?!"
Man to wife: "Well, I guess now that you put it that way..."

OP
OP

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
so I took it back to the dealer on saturday and they fixed it with a new kit honda has for this issue. So far the fix seems good. The guy told me this new adhesive is like concrete.

OP
OP

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
The car has been perfect except for this brake light issue. The employee who said "so" didn't know anything about the vehicle or anything else. He was just a little zero. And J.D.Powers and CR don't know anything about the future reliability of the car. They base their evaluation on specific complaints from an limited sample of owners. Every automotive journal which actually test drove the car (Motor Trend,Road and Track, Car and Driver) arrived at same conclusion; it's the best compact car on the road. This car is the best car I have ever owned, and I'm 65 and I've owned a lot of cars. It makes most other compact cars seem like junk by comparison.
Sponsored

Last edited: