Thinking of doing a roof wrap on my Civic Touring...thoughts?

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been thinking about doing a roof wrap for my 2016 Civic, maybe with a gloss black or gloss carbon fiber. Has anybody done anything like that on this forum? Trying to get an idea of what it would look like on the Aegean Blue before I give it a shot. I'd be getting it professionally done. Anybody that knows what the cost could potentially be, that would be appreciated if you could tell me so I know what I'm getting into.

Something like these:

Honda Civic 10th gen Thinking of doing a roof wrap on my Civic Touring...thoughts? vinylroofwrap585
Honda Civic 10th gen Thinking of doing a roof wrap on my Civic Touring...thoughts? vinylroofwrap1066

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I met a guy that owns a place in Vaughan, Ontario called GTAWrapz... I asked him quickly how much he'd charge me to wrap the front grille in black for me. He said it'd be around $250 to do the grill.

He said whole car would range from $2500-$5000 depending on what you wanted. He sent me to his Instagram to see a fully wrapped civicx he recently did.

I dunno what roof only would cost but my guess would be around $1000

EDIT: To be honest I have no idea for price. I guess the fact that the roof should be easier than the grille (less curves/cuts) could make it cheaper relative to the size of material being used.

Check them out.

David Hughes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I just emailed them and asked them. I'm glad this topic came up because I have been dying to get just the roof wrapped in carbon fiber. When they email me back I will let you know.

David Hughes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
So far I have had the Injen short ram installed along with illuminated sill trims, Weathertech floor mats, windows tinted, mishimoto catch can and steel foot pedals. Adding a wrapped roof would be sweet. I would also like to add multi color fog lights. They look amazing just not sure if legal here in Canada.

asdf916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP
Country flag
I met a guy that owns a place in Vaughan, Ontario called GTAWrapz... I asked him quickly how much he'd charge me to wrap the front grille in black for me. He said it'd be around $250 to do the grill.

He said whole car would range from $2500-$5000 depending on what you wanted. He sent me to his Instagram to see a fully wrapped civicx he recently did.

I dunno what roof only would cost but my guess would be around $1000

EDIT: To be honest I have no idea for price. I guess the fact that the roof should be easier than the grille (less curves/cuts) could make it cheaper relative to the size of material being used.

Check them out.
I've been getting quotes for $200-400 for the roof done with the antenna.

OP
OP
Deleted User 1886347

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been getting quotes for $200-400 for the roof done with the antenna.
What place are you getting your quotes at?

$1000 seems kind of high, but then again, ive never done it and dont know the labour involved.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T

$1000 seems kind of high, but then again, ive never done it and dont know the labour involved.
Like I said, I honestly have no idea what a roof would cost.

He told me $250 for the front grill.

For the roof, I would think it's easier than a grill because it's basically just a flat area with a cutout for the sunroof, whereas the grill is just a bunch of curves with no flat spot in sight.

That being said, the roof also takes much more material so at the end of the day, again, I honestly dunno... All I know is grill for $250

Whatever you do, report back here with the outcome. I've been playing with the idea of wrapping my roof in either a glossy black or carbon fibre just like you.

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
250 for a grill? here in SoCal i was quoted at 100 for the grill in gloss black but then again it was one of my buddies shop. anyway you can get the OEM ASEAN RS black grill from an instagram buyer for 200usd shipped... which would always look far better then any wrap job.. I am also very interested in a gloss black roof wrap now that I got my windows tinted on my WOP.. i'd say it's about 300-400$ good job.. let me know if any of you get more info

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I would do it myself, personally. The wrap itself isn't too expensive and the work is pretty simple. You just need two people. I've seen some pretty good videos on how to do it. I'd check it out before paying such high labor costs.

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I would do it myself, personally. The wrap itself isn't too expensive and the work is pretty simple. You just need two people. I've seen some pretty good videos on how to do it. I'd check it out before paying such high labor costs.
yeah! there's always that route.. just make sure you don't cheap out on some bad wrap.. get some high quality stuff... or it will fade in a month under the sun.. think about it, it's gonna be exposed to high temps at all times..

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I think the carbon fiber on the WOP is very nice looking. The contrast really makes the car pop.

touring420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring.. 2003 Civic DX (for sale btw)
Country flag
I was quoted 375 cnd to do the roof in satin black. That was from Touch of Tint in Mississauga. I'd rather do an intake for that kind of money.

asdf916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP
Country flag

Random shops in San Diego. I just scheduled an appt for my Touring roof and antenna done with 3M gloss black. Comes out to $190.

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
Been thinking about doing a roof wrap for my 2016 Civic, maybe with a gloss black or gloss carbon fiber. Has anybody done anything like that on this forum? Trying to get an idea of what it would look like on the Aegean Blue before I give it a shot. I'd be getting it professionally done. Anybody that knows what the cost could potentially be, that would be appreciated if you could tell me so I know what I'm getting into.

Something like these:

vinylroofwrap585.jpg
vinylroofwrap1066.jpg
I think our Aegeans would be one of the tougher colors to do this with black, you'd maybe have to find the perfect finish maybe? I think there is a photoshop request thread somewhere in the photos section ^_^

OP
OP
Deleted User 1886347

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think our Aegeans would be one of the tougher colors to do this with black, you'd maybe have to find the perfect finish maybe? I think there is a photoshop request thread somewhere in the photos section ^_^
I definitely agree. Thats why I posted to see if anybody else has done it. I think the right shade of black would be my best option. The more i thought about the carbon, the more of a mismatch I thought it would be. Just a question of who can photoshop an Aegean. I suck with photoshop, aha.

I was quoted 375 cnd to do the roof in satin black. That was from Touch of Tint in Mississauga. I'd rather do an intake for that kind of money.
Thats not too bad of a price, im only about an hour and a half from there. Might give them a shout when I get an idea of what the black would look like on my car. As for performance mods, not really ready for that just yet. Im pretty happy so far with the 1.5 Turbo's power.
Sponsored