Thinkin About Tune For Sport 6MT, Need Advice.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I've heard that the FlashPro base map adds something like 20HP and 40ft/lbs to the Manual, can't remember if that was on 87, or on higher octane.

I'm currently running 93, and that's all I plan to put in it. How much power and torque I'm looking to add, depends heavily on what would be safest for the motor and transmission in the long term. VitViper has mentioned the clutch starting to give after adding a significant amount of torque. So at the moment, I don't won't to consider anything that's going to cause the need for expensive replacements, or anything that will significantly reduce the life and durability of the engine and OEM components, as this is my daily driver, which I plan on keeping for as long as possible.

If I decided to go with just base maps, would there be any advantage of using FlashPro over Ktuner, or vice versa? Take it easy with your terminology, my knowledge about cars is not so extensive.
Sponsored

Manual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-T 6mt
Country flag
I've heard that the FlashPro base map adds something like 20HP and 40ft/lbs to the Manual, can't remember if that was on 87, or on higher octane.

I'm currently running 93, and that's all I plan to put in it. How much power and torque I'm looking to add, depends heavily on what would be safest for the motor and transmission in the long term. VitViper has mentioned the clutch starting to give after adding a significant amount of torque. So at the moment, I don't won't to consider anything that's going to cause the need for expensive replacements, or anything that will significantly reduce the life and durability of the engine and OEM components, as this is my daily driver, which I plan on keeping for as long as possible.

If I decided to go with just base maps, would there be any advantage of using FlashPro over Ktuner, or vice versa? Take it easy with your terminology, my knowledge about cars is not so extensive.
Well, you can take this advice with a big grain of salt, .. but I just don't get the feeling that the stock clutch is going to hold up all that well. My (perhaps over-conservative) advice would be to enjoy the boost you're getting from 93 octane, and save your money till a clutch upgrade becomes available, then just plan on budgeting that $ (whatever it is) into your tune when you get it,.. because there's a fair chance Honda will not warranty a clutch if they know you're running a tune.

/my2c

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
I have a 6MT Sport and have ordered ktuner (will be here Friday). I plan on running their stage 2 as I can't justify the extra money for a tune all at once. I'll keep you updated.

Btw I run 91 octane

OP
OP
Pur3MotioN770

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a 6MT Sport and have ordered ktuner (will be here Friday). I plan on running their stage 2 as I can't justify the extra money for a tune all at once. I'll keep you updated.

Btw I run 91 octane
What are the gains for Ktuner stage 2? Is it similar to the Hondata +6psi? I've also been looking into the PRL downpipe. Seems there is the potential for nice gains there with a tune. I'd rather go that route, to increase power and torque, rather than just relying on turning the boost all the way up.

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I'm sure there are gains with the downpipe combo. As far as gains go, I'm not sure as ktuner hasn't yet dump tested stage 2 on a manual. I would assume it's on the same level as FlashPro though as far as numbers are concerned

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you haven't already, take a look at @VitViper 's KTuner + custom tune combo package. I think it's the best bang for your buck and a great way to safely get the most out of your 1.5T.

OP
OP
Pur3MotioN770

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you haven't already, take a look at @VitViper 's KTuner + custom tune combo package. I think it's the best bang for your buck and a great way to safely get the most out of your 1.5T.
Yeah I've seen the numbers and what he's been able to get out of the 1.5 so far. Still not sure what exactly would be safe though.

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I've seen the numbers and what he's been able to get out of the 1.5 so far. Still not sure what exactly would be safe though.
I don't think it's any less safe than running the basemap. In fact, I think going with a custom tune ( ie Vit) would be safer. My issue is, it's a big enough price jump just to get the ktuner let alone add the tune on top. Single and no kids and it would be no problem. That's not to say down the road I wont go with Vit, because that's a sure thing.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Yeah I'm sure there are gains with the downpipe combo. As far as gains go, I'm not sure as ktuner hasn't yet dump tested stage 2 on a manual. I would assume it's on the same level as FlashPro though as far as numbers are concerned
if everything goes right there should be numbers for stock/stage1/stage2 back to back on 92 octane this weekend...:headbang:

stay tuned :popcorn:

glossyprimerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatch MT Sonic Gray
Country flag
I have the same optioned car. I've ordered the PRL front/downpipe combo and the K tuner the two with a custom tune but everything is on back order right now or at least not available currently. I will be happy to update you when my stuff arrives.

This is my opinion, but I wouldn't push the OEM clutch assembly passed 240hp, but the torque is the real issue(i understand they are directly related, let's not get off topic). Our cars are capable of crazy low RPM to torque numbers, due to how quickly our small turbos spool up.

I wouldn't push anything over 280 tqw. (Copyright VitViper) there are posted Dyno sheets of over 300tqw and 240whp, but the Dino had to be sped up and there was definite clutch slippage.

Keep in mind those number are on a completely stock car except for an SRI, which did nothing over the stock intake system.

OP
OP
Pur3MotioN770

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the same optioned car. I've ordered the PRL front/downpipe combo and the K tuner the two with a custom tune but everything is on back order right now or at least not available currently. I will be happy to update you when my stuff arrives.

This is my opinion, but I wouldn't push the OEM clutch assembly passed 240hp, but the torque is the real issue(i understand they are directly related, let's not get off topic). Our cars are capable of crazy low RPM to torque numbers, due to how quickly our small turbos spool up.

I wouldn't push anything over 280 tqw. (Copyright VitViper) there are posted Dyno sheets of over 300tqw and 240whp, but the Dino had to be sped up and there was definite clutch slippage.

Keep in mind those number are on a completely stock car except for an SRI, which did nothing over the stock intake system.
I ordered Ktuner V2 with custom Vit tune, and also waiting on it. I don't plan to push the torque over 260, which is what stage 2 is at. If possible, I'd like to keep the stock clutch as long as possible. Plan to get tuned for 93 octane.

glossyprimerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatch MT Sonic Gray
Country flag
I ordered Ktuner V2 with custom Vit tune, and also waiting on it. I don't plan to push the torque over 260, which is what stage 2 is at. If possible, I'd like to keep the stock clutch as long as possible. Plan to get tuned for 93 octane.
If you don't mind, let me know when you receive notification that they shipped it, I had mine purchased but was inpatient and canceled the order until they had them in stock. Thanks
Sponsored