Things afoot. Dealer just called and asked my color choice

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
I just got a call from my dealer this morning. He said they were just told they this morning will get 3 CTRs and to call they buyers and ask for color choice.

He said they don't have any details but to assume current hatch color choices.

They believed a summer release, but normally they don't pick choices until about 3 months prior to release, so either this is earlier than normal, or release is early summer not late summer.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
So what colour did you ask for?
I have #1 as Polished Metal Metalic with the red exterior trim highlights (As close to Prototype as we will prob see)
#2 choice was Chamionship white (a classic, but a bit too yellow for my liking)
#3 choice was silver or red.. don't love either.

Didn't want Black (Never clean and you loose visual detail) or Agean Blue (I think this is too light and looks a bit cheap. I preferred a really deep blue). I didnt even consider the 'sonic grey' which to me looks okay inside in person, maybe a bit too blue.. but I do not care for the color at all in the sunlight. It brings out way too much blue and even a green/teal color in it. If it were a more neutral grey it would be a diff story..

But I said if it has any new cool "CTR Only" colors I'd have to see them.. but outside a really deep dark red or some flat color (0% chance) I can't imagine what I would like.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I have #1 as Polished Metal Metalic with the red exterior trim highlights (As close to Prototype as we will prob see)

Didn't want Black (Never clean and you loose visual detail) or Agean Blue (I think this is too light and looks a bit cheap. I preferred a really deep blue). I didnt even consider the 'sonic grey' which to me looks okay inside in person, maybe a bit too blue.. but I do not care for the color at all in the sunlight. It brings out way too much blue and even a green/teal color in it. If it were a more neutral grey it would be a diff story..

But I said if it has any new cool "CTR Only" colors I'd have to see them.. but outside a really deep dark red or some flat color (0% chance) I can't imagine what I would like.
Nice, in Canada they are only bringing in black and white to start :thumbsup:

M1joachim

New Honda owner!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback

Your color choices/reasoning sounds like a mirror of what i chose. I think i'm going to add an orange pinstripe around mine with orange brake calipers

OLDRICR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Country flag
The dealer I'm getting mine from (MSRP, I'm first on the list) called me last month but said the colors available were red, black, white or grey. Not sure if those are the only colors that will be available but that was the info he gave me.

OP
OP

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
but said the colors available were red, black, white or grey.
Still really want to know if the "Grey" is Sonic Grey or Polished Metal Metallic. My dealer used the same "Grey" wording also, but didn't know which either.

M1joachim

New Honda owner!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Still really want to know if the "Grey" is Sonic Grey or Polished Metal Metallic. My dealer used the same "Grey" wording also, but didn't know which either.
my guess would be sonic grey.

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag

Nice job! I doubt I'll have the option of getting my preferred color (CW) here in NorCal. I'll be happy just to get one with a minimal mark-up. Black, Blue, Red, whatever is good with me now. Anyway, best of luck with acquiring your CTR!

DGK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 civic si-r,
that was pretty cool that your dealer made the call so early to be honest any color choice is good

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
This goes to everyone, I am curious to know why if you were interested in white, why wouldn't you go with a Orchid PEARL over a non-pearl or metallic because don't those colors go thru a 2 step process over the one which gives it extra gleam? Same for the Metallic (PMM) over the non metallic grays. I love a gleaming paint job and would go with a a color from either the Pearl or Metallic family (although what s up with that Burgundy Night Pearl) even-though these aren't as good as a custom paint job, I feel the gray is a good daily driver color, it matches so well with all the black pieces on this car (think: piano black grill and trailing spoiler, rims mostly black, tint) The Sonic grey doesn't look as good in person as it did on the PC, imo, it didn't have the requisite gleam. See, I chose the fancily worded PMM or Polished Metal Metallic and being a quasi-wordsmith, I like the thought of a polished metal, it's very industrial and manufacturing sounding. Main thing is it blends in so well with the profuse black accents everywhere and here I am counting Piano black grill *AND* 2nd spoiler, black and silver wheels, the tint (which is usually piano black if it is dark meaning limo dark) as well as gray just goes with black, think suits and formal attire or even fitness and casual wear. you know, formal wear. (to balance out the 'more juvenile' boy racer looks (we want underneath though cause we feel the excitement as we are driving))
Sponsored

Last edited: