They have arrived on US soil

dabx5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Finally it is a good thing all the first batch goes for USDM market. The break in period for the plant is for US and we will have the good cars in EUDM market.

No seriously. We are really happy this car is seller in US. Because your market is so big lot all maker / tuners will work on this car. As a result we will be able to catch some good stuff
Is anyone else getting fed-up with all the hype and no info coming from Honda..? my local dealer has an SI on the delivery list for June 7th but nothing for the Type-R and yet they do know they are getting 1.... right now it has my name on it and they have guaranteed me the first call when it comes in but to be honest I'm thinking of dropping it from my list of vehicles..
Sponsored

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
i would choose this car over anything in the 100k and below range. :) too bad I can't afford it now but its motivation to do so.
I know you've retracted your original statement but still I just felt like dropping two cars who would shit over the CTR any day and is below 100k and would probably cause you to shit over the CTR too if you owned them:

- C63 AMG S
- F Type R

You're welcome.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I know you've retracted your original statement but still I just felt like dropping two cars who would shit over the CTR any day and is below 100k and would probably cause you to shit over the CTR too if you owned them:

- C63 AMG S
- F Type R

You're welcome.
What's going to happen when you get to the turns with a Type R next to you?
That's right...it'll take off...bye, bye .... straight-line speed :thumbsdown:

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
What's going to happen when you get to the turns with a Type R next to you?
That's right...it'll take off...bye, bye .... straight-line speed :thumbsdown:
Idk my dude I'm all for the type but I'm not putting my money on it againSt an AMG C63. They don't compare. The technology and by tech I'm referring to the mechanical tech suspension, brakes, engine, trans, etc...just doesn't compare. Two totally different performance based cars. I'm not trying to turn this into a ME/BE forum either but the Amg C63 deserves it's respect. I can see the type r maybe making it to what the 63 does stock. And even then with out the awd I don't see it going well for our beloved type r, I just don't see it pushing 600+horses and not spinning out of control.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
guess we'd need a hondata stage 1 - then all of a sudden - it won't;

tuned AWD > untuned FWD; kinda troll posting maybe?
anything is better than FWD! FWD are grocery getters

burntbisquit763

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si FG2 (daily) 1980 Toyota Corolla TE72 (project) 1989 Honda Accord (RIP) 1989 Toyota Supra 1jzgte swapped (sold) 1989 Ford Ranger (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
Dude lol you were bummed out that the Si didnt have a CVT, quit trolling hahaha

burntbisquit763

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si FG2 (daily) 1980 Toyota Corolla TE72 (project) 1989 Honda Accord (RIP) 1989 Toyota Supra 1jzgte swapped (sold) 1989 Ford Ranger (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
You knew the Civic Si was going to be fwd from the jump but yet you're still on here to bash it lol.

We get it, you prefer rwd which is fine, but you're on here talking about the Civic Si not having an available cvt lol just stop.

Last edited:

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
You know the Civic Si was going to be fwd from the jump but yet you're still on here to bash it lol.

We get it, you prefer rwd which is fine, but you're on here talking about the Civic Si not having an available cvt lol just stop.
Yes for better grocery getting in comfort.

If manual definitely going golf R, AWD Audi, or RWD BMW/Merc

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
Yes for better grocery getting in comfort.

If manual definitely going golf R, AWD Audi, or RWD BMW/Merc
And that is all well and good, but if we are just talking on the basis of a manual transmission, it is pretty much agreed that Honda makes the best manual transmissions.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
And that is all well and good, but if we are just talking on the basis of a manual transmission, it is pretty much agreed that Honda makes the best manual transmissions.
Not in any of their front wheel drive platforms with a cable driven gear shifter. If you're talking about the S2000's or NSX's then yes you would be right. Audi's are better than BMW's that's for sure.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
Not in any of their front wheel drive platforms with a cable driven gear shifter. If you're talking about the S2000's or NSX's then yes you would be right. Audi's are better than BMW's that's for sure.
actually, he's right; more than you are. Honda's manual transmissions are considered some of the best that have ever driven a car. cable or otherwise. and this information is usually spread by people who don't even LIKE Honda.
you don't have to agree that FWD rocks, or that you have no clue WTF you are talking about,
but the quality and robustness and sheer pleasure of driving a car with a Honda designed/built transmission has never been disputed.
Sponsored