They did call it the 2017 Civic Si....,

thr33lions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Veloz, 2006 Si Coupe, 2010 Si Coupe, 2013 Si Sedan
so shouldn't it be released early 2017..., at least in the 1st quarter?

<yah..., I know..., shut up and wait> :)
Sponsored

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well the 2017 hatch came out in Fall 2016, and the 2018 Type R is coming out in ___ 2017, so who knows?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
My guess is March for the Si. April/May for the Type R. My feelings for both are strong based on what I know about Honda. Mind you I only work/research on Honda and Acrua. My favorite car brands.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
My guess is March for the Si. April/May for the Type R. My feelings for both are strong based on what I know about Honda. Mind you I only work/research on Honda and Acrua. My favorite car brands.
I've heard middle to end of June from local dealers. Honda must be having a hard time with something.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
I've heard middle to end of June from local dealers. Honda must be having a hard time with something.
What I wouldn't give to know the real reason for the delay. Hopefully tuning/tweaking rather than anything that could affect reliability. Honda is more likely to stand by their product than not so I'm not that worried, but they aren't perfect.

I keep telling myself they're obsessing over getting the perfect combination of steering/suspension/throttle/weight. Still a bit disappointed the Si hatch won't be coming but the increase in rear seat legroom, toned down rear bumper and slightly lower weight are attractive.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
What I wouldn't give to know the real reason for the delay. Hopefully tuning/tweaking rather than anything that could affect reliability. Honda is more likely to stand by their product than not so I'm not that worried, but they aren't perfect.

I keep telling myself they're obsessing over getting the perfect combination of steering/suspension/throttle/weight. Still a bit disappointed the Si hatch won't be coming but the increase in rear seat legroom, toned down rear bumper and slightly lower weight are attractive.
Who knows. Hyundai is already revealing their 2018's. I can't wait much longer.

I had to rent a car for two days and was given a 2017 Maxima... holy impressive car.. and 1 year old mid to high twenty grand range. Everything else is looking so appealing

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
so shouldn't it be released early 2017..., at least in the 1st quarter?

<yah..., I know..., shut up and wait> :)
The production car is getting unveiled at the New York Auto Show in April. -so I assume it's safe to say it wont be released in Q1

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
The production car is getting unveiled at the New York Auto Show in April. -so I assume it's safe to say it wont be released in Q1
Awesome, I'll be there for a few days.